The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

You’re not wrong, but evidently in an hour long conversation where he is trying to force this guy to rig an election for him, he has one sentence that’s incriminating. That’s impressive and scary.

I’ve really gotta hand it to Raffensperger for not caving.

2 Likes

I like most of your posts and would prefer you didn’t leave. I hope you realize that “consistent personal attacks and trolling” by some subset of posters are mostly ignored. I, and many others, have occasionally come to your defense, but mainly we don’t engage because trolls are trolls and it’s largely a waste of time. If you don’t know based on likes and comments, etc, that people are on your side, not sure what could be done differently. Maybe we could perma some people, but that’s also a pain. Anyway, hope you eventually come back.

22 Likes

Totally normal I’m sure.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1345862390294978560?s=19

I once listened to like 50 hours of jailhouse phone calls in a murder case. There was one five second line where the defendant admitted to doing it. Was still more than enough to sink him.

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

OK my only contribution from listening to the whole recording is that Trump calls an echo on the line a “double sound”.

17 Likes

I dunno, asking someone to “find” votes is hardly an admission if you are sympathetic to Trump’s view, though. I think thats where I’m diverging from people in this.

I already knew this from Trump’s Fox and Friends calls.

3 Likes

The framework I am working in is that Trump believes the media is biased and out to get him. If they tell negative stories about him, those stories might be true, but he believes they are coming from a place of malice, intended to hurt him and not because they are newsworthy, while being softer against his enemies. The cry of “fake news” is meant to tear down the reputation of the media as a credible, non-partisan, unbiased news source because they are his enemy.

“Fake news” isn’t a lie. It’s not a truth, either, because the truth is irrelevant. It’s a weapon to be used against a perceived enemy and he would do the same thing whether he believed their negative stories were 100% truthful or outright fabrications. If forced, he’d probably admit that some are true but claim that some are false.

4 Likes

Why do people not just laugh in his face and mock him at this point? I guess it’s probably the death threats they would receive.

It’s the Power of Positive Thinking cult. Reality is nothing more than an inconvenience.

Can i pick all of the above for this poll?

1 Like

If Trump really is high on his own supply, he’s going to become increasingly desperate as his pathways to “victory” all close up over the next few days.

Dissolve congress, martial law, nuke Iran, at this point we should be prepared for anything. (Morgan Freeman in Seven: “ If John Doe’s head splits open and a UFO should fly out, I want you to have expected it.”)

If Trump forces John Roberts (i.e., at gunpoint) to swear him in for a second term on Jan 20, is he still president?

Tapper in dgaf mode.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1345844579992563714?s=19

32 Likes

Every Trump supporter - doctored. Doesn’t matter. We are in the post-anything mattering in politics (and commerce)

The dude is already rich AF, and I’m sure this stance will earn him some cred among the moderate republican crowd, for whatever that may be worth.

I don’t think he really cares about bolded.

Before I knew about the call I watched Chuck Todd interview Ron Johnson on Meet the Press and was proud of Chuck for actually being pretty firm and calling Johnson “an arsonist”. Chuck finally put on his big boy pants, but it’s going to get buried among news of The Call.

1 Like

what do you guys think is the thing he doesn’t want to talk about that he could do to fix the election but he doesn’t want to do it because it’ll shock the world?

order the military to detain romney and murkowski or something? like what is it that he thinks he can do

if president supervillain doesn’t do a comic of this one it’ll be a huge missed opportunity

If the VP made this call it would, one thinks, constitute a federal crime. I really wish Biden’s AG would test the theory of presidential immunity. While I expect everyone to be spineless, any prosecutor who goes after Trump will be a hero.

1 Like

I honestly think we should be doing all that we can to encourage him to have a complete mental breakdown. I’m not talking about the sort where he goes on a Twitter tirade divorced from reality; I’m talking about him turning into a non-functional human being incapable of even tweeting.

I want to see him try to nuke Iran because I’m curious about who will stop him and how. (Is this country worth saving if no one will? I want to know if it’s worth saving.)