The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

The tape:

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/1345799069537599491?s=21

https://twitter.com/bdlatt/status/1345799251574607880?s=21

4 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

Raffensperger responded: “Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong.”

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.

During their conversation, Trump issued a vague threat to both Raffensperger and Ryan Germany, the secretary of state’s legal counsel, suggesting that if they don’t find that thousands of ballots in Fulton County have been illegally destroyed to block investigators — an allegation for which there is no evidence — they would be subject to criminal liability.

“That’s a criminal offense,” he said. “And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer.”

“You have a big election coming up and because of what you’ve done to the president – you know, the people of Georgia know that this was a scam,” Trump said. “Because of what you’ve done to the president, a lot of people aren’t going out to vote, and a lot of Republicans are going to vote negative, because they hate what you did to the president. Okay? They hate it. And they’re going to vote. And you would be respected, really respected, if this can be straightened out before the election.”

“So tell me, Brad, what are we going to do? We won the election, and it’s not fair to take it away from us like this,” Trump said. “And it’s going to be very costly in many ways. And I think you have to say that you’re going to reexamine it, and you can reexamine it, but reexamine it with people that want to find answers, not people who don’t want to find answers.”

Trump did most of the talking on the call. He was angry and impatient, calling Raffensperger a “child” and “either dishonest or incompetent” for not believing there was widespread ballot fraud in Atlanta — and twice calling himself a “schmuck” for endorsing Kemp, whom Trump holds in particular contempt for not embracing his claims of fraud.

“I can’t imagine he’s ever getting elected again, I’ll tell you that much right now,” he said.

The secretary of state repeately sought to push back, saying one point, “Mr. President, the problem you have with social media, that — people can say anything.”

“Oh this isn’t social media,” Trump retorted. “This is Trump media. It’s not social media. It’s really not. It’s not social media. I don’t care about social media. I couldn’t care less.”

Trump sounded at turns confused and meandering. At one point, he referred to Kemp as “George.” He tossed out several different figures for Biden’s margin of victory in Georgia and referred to the Senate runoff, which is Tuesday, as happening “tomorrow” and “Monday.”

Trump: “Do you think it’s possible that they shredded ballots in Fulton County? Because is what the rumor is. And also that Dominion took out machines. That Dominion is really moving fast to get rid of their, uh, machinery. Do you know anything about that? Because that’s illegal.

Germany responded: “No, Dominion has not moved any machinery out of Fulton County.”

Trump: “But have they moved the inner parts of the machines and replaced them with other parts?”

Germany: “No.”

Trump: “Are you sure? Ryan?”

Germany: “I’m sure. I’m sure, Mr. President.”

2 Likes

Man that call is incredible. It’s one thing to read his rants that he rage tweets, it’s entirely different to hear him whine and plead on a phone call.

4 Likes

Trump really does think he won and really does believe all the insane conspiracy theories he reads on the internet.

I mean he has to believe them, no way he could internalize that he lost.

7 Likes

Will listen to the full hour call and post cliffs if anyone finds a link. Haven’t seen it released yet.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1345803569438597121
( twitter | raw text )

“Only the Democrats and some RINO’s (sic)”

So…a significant majority of people. Cool.

I’m getting legitimately scared he’s going to do something extremely awful and tragic in the next two weeks.

1 Like

He’s a pussy. He ain’t doing shit. He’s gonna leave with a whimper.

8 Likes

I’m rooting for him to attempt something extremely awful and tragic but fail. I will be disappointed if we don’t have yet another thing to point and laugh at.

4 Likes

That call is incredible.

7 Likes

Orange is fundamentally a coward and he’s doing nothing other than painting himself as some deplorable martyr. A grievance God. The pinnacle of boy whitey getting denied what is rightfully theirs as an excuse to inhibit progress for the rest of the civilized world.

8 Likes

Trump wanting credit for the work of a guy he has tried to fire every day for nine months is pretty good.

4 Likes

If the GA SoS, PA legislature and mega deplorable WI Supreme Court hadn’t held up, he would already be dictator.

2 Likes

A lot of people are saying it was a perfect phone call

31 Likes

‘You have a big election coming up on Tuesday hate to see you lose it.’

He is such a mob boss. I mean a weak whinny one but still…

3 Likes

“He is who we thought he was.!”

2 Likes

This is another one of his perfect phone calls isn’t it.

1 Like

Wow, he’s really convinced himself that he actually won. He’s insane.

3 Likes

Problem is he has millions of minions some of which will kill depending if he goes out telling the proud boys to stand up.