The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1342872502306009089
( twitter | raw text )

2 Likes

The passing of the Covid relief bill is a huge achievement. Trump is not going to veto it. He’s already going to get humiliated with a veto override next week on the Defense bill and he just wants to sow more chaos, steal some of the attention, and be able to say he fought for more and did everything he could.

Joe Biden’s whole presidential campaign was based on the proposition that even after Trump it’s still possible for Democrats and Republicans to come together, work together, and get big things done for the American people. He hasn’t even taken office yet and he’s already proving that it’s true.

@realJoeBiden, I can’t wait to see what you’re going to be able to do with health care, immigration, education, climate change, infrastructure, and so much more. Trump and Trumpism will fade as people’s lives improve and the sun begins to break through the clouds of apathy and despair. Kimberly Guilfoyle was right: The Best is Yet to Come!

23 Likes

Ah… simpler times.

This is the first time for me that your opening sentence gave you away lol

9 Likes

I was like. Wait a minute

After paragraph 2

Got me again.

1 Like

I’ve read that analysis in a couple of articles on the interwebs and I’m not buying it.

Why can’t you grant yourself something? That’s not some immutable law of he universe.

I’m not suggesting that he should be allowed to pardon himself, I’m just saying relying on the word ‘grant’ isn’t a great argument.

2 Likes

They couldn’t even agree on the word " shall " so lol

1 Like

OMG I just watched in real time as all the hats got replaced. A+, well done, rofl
hats

9 Likes

I hate to say it, but this is sort of true, right? I mean mainstream non-insane Republicans at this point are moving beyond Trump. They got what they wanted with the tax cuts and judges and now they just want bad-dog Trump to stop shitting all over the carpet on his way out the door. They desire nothing more than to get back to normal Obama-era levels of faux-outrage and corruption. And if that means a little bit of compromising (or at least pretending to compromise) and token bipartisanship, I think a lot of Rs will be getting on board with the “Problem Solvers” caucus or whatever. Or at least paying them some lip service.

Am I just sweet-summer-childing myself here? Does McConnell really intend to be 100% obstructionist for the next 4 years?

2 Likes

I don’t know if McConnell has much of a choice. I think too much of his caucus is inclined to be obstructionist even if he tries to pull them towards compromise.

Mitch will compromise on procedural bullshit that doesn’t draw attention. But as far as the major stuff, he won’t do a thing.

(whispers)

Mitch is not anywhere near a lock to be majority leader. Trump isn’t helping him and its going to get worse in the next week and a half.

It shouldn’t be possible due to grant and due to not being above the law

But Supreme Court is 6-3 so we all know he can get away with it

NY charges? Hopefully not so much

A whole hell of a lot changes if Mitch starts letting bills come to the floor that would be politically popular and represent some level of compromise. For most of these GOP Senators, self-interest without regard to morality comes way, way before any sort of philosophy or ideological principle. It’s not that they’re particularly devoted to evil; they’re devoted to themselves, and are indifferent to doing evil if it serves their aims. If they felt that their best way to secure re-election was to get behind a bill that contained some actual positives for the American people, they’d do that also.

Mitch may go the 100% obstructionist route again, and if he does then there’s no part of me that will put it on anyone but him. I really don’t think this is a situation where he has (at least yet) created a monster that he has no control over.

3 Likes
2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1342908782934958081
( twitter | raw text )

fucker is definitely hoping more kirk camerons go out and pozz more people in LA.

1 Like

This is pretty wild.

12 Likes

So Roger Stone, convicted on multiple felonies and admitting guilt for all of them via his pardon, is suing Justice for…reasons?

3 Likes

My favorite part was him saying he would cross examine Bill Barr personally.

3 Likes