The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

My fave so far of this genre

13 Likes

A Manafort pardon changes absolutely no ones vote - other than Manafort’s.

Agree. But both are inferior to YYYY-MM-DD.

1 Like

wrong, USA electrical outlets are terrible and really dangerous

1 Like

Stardate format is clearly the only acceptable format.

2 Likes

Stardates are similar to the ordinal dates of ISO 8601

Those round prongs fall out all the time. What’s the advantage?

Pretty sure with a US plug you can pull it just slightly out and partially expose a prong that’s hot. Much harder to do with a Euro plug that’s recessed.

I stayed in old hotel in Italy a lot. I’d wake up to whatever is was charging not charged. I get the half in half out thing though from when I was a little kid.

I don’t see how US plugs are any better here, there are tons of outlets that aren’t tight enough and anything with even a small amount of weight will fall right out. US plugs have the disadvantage that wookie pointed out of being extremely easy to zap yourself with or start fires.

UK plugs seem to address the falling out problem pretty well though they have the disadvantage of being enormous and not being very conducive to folding plug type construction that you see on so many portable US gadgets.

Old Euro outlets may be a little shakier, but the large, recessed, grounded ones like this are pretty solid:

Downside is they’re enormous.

Yup, I did that once. Had to stretch to reach a cord I wanted to unplug from a surge protector. I could only get one hand on it, so I pushed down on the power strip with my thumb while pulling the cord with my other fingers. It was partially out, but still plugged in, when my thumb moved slightly and touched a prong.

Did not feel good.

There’s only one dangerous prong on a N. American plug, but two on a Euro style.

Have zapped myself with a plug before, it’s extremely unpleasant. Do not recommend.

1 Like

Seems like a good reason to fix the drug laws. Not so that one person can pardon whoever the hell he wants whenever.

2 Likes

Seems to me that even if the “drug laws are fixed” the pardon power helps correct injustices for people convicted under the previously unjust drug laws?

1 Like

I think I’ve heard it said that “upside-down” outlets are actually safer for this reason, less chance you’ll have something metal fall behind a desk or something and touch neutral/hot at the same time on a slightly exposed plug. It would just hit the ground pin instead and then fall to the side.

Those 5 not connected to Trump are just connected in a way that Harvard law bro hasn’t discovered yet.

While on the subject of pardons, thoughts on Colin Powell calling for Mike Flynn to be tried for sedition by the military?

If this was already discussed forgive me, I was anticipating some hot takes.

2 Likes