The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

I want to know more about this overstock.com guy.

For the moment, Mr. Trump has told advisers he is willing to stop listening to Sidney Powell, the lawyer who has appealed to him by peddling a conspiracy theory about the election, and people like Patrick Byrne, the former chief executive of Overstock.com, who was present for a wild, nearly five-hour meeting in the Oval Office and then the presidential residence last Friday.

I think it was Colin Powell’s Chief of Staff, Lawrence Wilkerson, that suggested this excellent idea.

True, but with an American plug you can more than 2 in a room and still have wall space available…

Yeah, safe, small, and sturdy are competing design priorities. It’s hard to get more than two of those three.

Particularly for something as ubiquitous as power outlets. You think people got pissed when Apple changes an adaptor, imagine people having to buy new outlets because of a “better” design coming out.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1341917177474146305

18 Likes
2 Likes

US plugs can be made recessed too and then wouldn’t have this problem. i don’t think there’s anything inherently bad about that design

except being from usa#119

1 Like

i thought he did hang in there?

The New York City medical examiner ruled Epstein’s death a suicide by hanging.

4 Likes

501bc3d2cb001e4dd34981af20371f4b

11 Likes

would Flynn’s pardon not cover that?

So, the supposed downside of pardoning is that now these people can’t plead the 5th and if they do then they can be thrown back in jail for contempt. Is there any way that a pardon can cover related contempt charges?

Even if that is not explicitly allowed, I’m like 99% sure that if Stone or Manafort gets charged with contempt, it will go to SCOTUS, who will throw it out saying it is covered by the pardon.

Because I have zero discipline, I keep listening to PopeHat’s podcast, and basically every episode is a different version of the same thing.

“Can X Trump official be charged for (blatantly illegal shit)?”

“Well Josh, technically it is a possibility, but I don’t expect to see that happen.”

Repeat for 40 mins, mix in some self-congratulatory snark, see you next week.

2 Likes

#RainierWolfcastleStandUp

2 Likes

There was already established a precedent in the landmark case of Fuck You v That’s Why.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1342184240088276992
( twitter | raw text )

1 Like

If I was in charge of Rush’ care I would keep him alive for as long as possible.

No painkillers mind you, i wouldn’t want him to get addicted.

3 Likes

tenor (4)

3 Likes

Pardon power has been used for a lot of good too.

I agree!

10 Likes