The College Protest Thread: Countdown to Kent State 2.0

when Israel moved out settlers from gaza, hamas proceeded to destroy the homes they lived in.

That professor should shut up and dribble imo.

Its whatever.

Protest. Get arrested. Do your thing.

Just don’t present it as some act of heroism.

No. The IDF bulldozed the evacuated Jewish property on the way out.

When Palestinians were moved/moved out of areas that are now Israel. What happened to those homes?

my mistake, PA demanded demolitions, and IDF did destroy residential buildings to force settlers out before withdrawal. what followed was a palestinian mob ransacking the settlements and destroying the remaining synagogues.

Israel established a Custodian agency to control abandoned property, and over the next 20 years passed laws that established a process for liquidation and compensation.

Found the violence on campus

A police officer who was involved in clearing protesters from a Columbia University administration building earlier this week fired his gun inside the hall, a spokesperson for District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office confirmed Thursday.

No one was injured, according to spokesperson Doug Cohen, who said there were other officers but no students in the immediate vicinity. He said Bragg’s office is conducting a review.

Cool, cool

https://x.com/comradecamera/status/1786162226493342139

https://x.com/guymargo_/status/1786169093097464082

1 Like

Well look on the bright side, they found a cop willing to enter a school and fire his weapon.

4 Likes

And how effective was that compensation process? How many Palestinians were actually compensated? Was it a fair value?

Lmao holy fuck at the views expressed in this thread, accusing the forum of anti semitism and shitting on the protestors, congrats really

5 Likes

So some think Israel is ethnic cleansing Gaza and the lack of ethnic cleansing in Gaza is proof of attempted ethnic cleansing.

Kinda what im alluding here. Theres so much to criticize Israel without using these illogical claims

One reason some people think that Israel is attempting ethnic cleansing is the statements of some Israeli politicians. I happen to think that there are some parts of Netanyahu’s coalition that want ethnic cleansing and that Netanyahu cares more about self-preservation, which means satisfying parts of the war cabinet and allies such as the US that what’s going on is harsh but not ethnic cleansing or genocide, but I don’t think people are being irrational if they belief ethnic cleansing is Israel’s goal.

There should be no doubt that Ben Gvir and Smotrich want ethnic cleansing. But their statements are criticisim of the army and war cabinet (which does not include them) for not doing it.

Looked a bit like an attempt at ethnic cleansing, but Egypt didn’t allow it. Or they haven’t allowed it so far anyway. We’ll see what happens when Rafah is hit.

1 Like

If Israel didn’t want Hamas to escape wouldn’t they have started in the South and driven people North?

https://x.com/llassabe/status/1786282504129008008

6 Likes

2 Likes

I feel like I’m
Missing something. What makes this pic “truly incredible”?