The C-Word

Exactly. And it’s going to be the only word censored? So when you see four asterisks you know someone is calling someone else a ■■■■■ lol?

1 Like

I know semantically it is silly, but, it matters to some people. It’s been handled this way pretty successfully across the internet for decades.

2 Likes

don’t think I’ve ever run across a single word profanity filter before, but ok.

2+2 converts anything on the proscribed list to ******, which is where most of the mods here want to take us.

Good for you, responding to that like it was a serious objection or concern. I wouldn’t have been able to do it.

1 Like

I’m fine with censoring other 4 letter words - fuck, shit, piss, whatever. I tend to use a lot of profanity in my posts - and I like when these words are bleeped, because it takes an edge off of my posts, but my intended meaning is still clear. I like being able to swear like a sailor and not have as much risk at offending anyone.

Just my 2c of course, I doubt that would be popular here. But we can bleep whatever f***ing words we want.

I mean to the extent this forum shows up in search engines and to casual observers, yeah, it matters.

how often is the naughty word in question used in the forum outside this thread?

I posit that the real problem over the last couple months isn’t words, it’s posters following other posters around and sniping relentlessly.

I also agree with NBZ that getting a 6 hour ban or a warning to “knock it off” isn’t a big deal and shouldn’t be treated as some gross miscarriage of justice that it is being characterized as.

7 Likes

In races with a heavy favourite bookies here sometimes offer odds “without” the favourite. If you removed from the count the biggest user of the word outside this thread I doubt it’s very often at all.

If you don’t like being lumped in with a group of posters, maybe you should have thought about that before participating the same troll campaigns? You like each others posts. You argue on the same side frequently (while knowing full well not many other people agree with you). You behave as a bloc when it comes to moderator issues.

Do you think that the personal attack standards ratified on this site don’t apply to you? Because this is way over the line.

You’re a founding member of the troll campaign that drove off a community member, and in short order you’ve redirected the campaign at me and now skydiver. It is absurd that we should treat your repeated personal attacks and harassment as somehow acceptable lest you accuse us of bias. The mods have had enough of it.

I’m of the opinion that if we’re facing the choice between someone waging a harassment campaign and the target of that campaign, we should be banning the harassers, not letting the target ride off into the sunset again.

Of course it’s not, unless you’ve got a persecution complex, and need ammo to drive off moderators.

these animals, my god

10 Likes

It would be legit hilarious if the end result of this troll campaign is more swears getting censored.

1 Like

Calling me “toxic” was a personal attack that I found deeply unpleasant, over the line and false. Presumably you think its ok?

I agree with this in general. Did you know that one of your fellow persecutors/prosecutors in the g_b_ saga was following me around taking shots at me on a frequent basis and apparently even posted photos of boomers to troll me behind my back, knowing I had him on ignore (I hadn’t replied to him in months so it was 100% gratuitous creepy behaviour) that of course the mods ignored.

But I guess that’s my persecution complex that I’ve heard so much about recently taking over again. Must be. No way anyone here would indulge in such behaviour, and gaslighting would never be a thing on such a progressive forum.

2 Likes

What was a lie, and how was anything I said bad faith? I want quotes and explanations. None of your vague insinuations.

Amazing that you somehow think the two are equivalent, and no, the personal attack rule don’t have an exception for if someone said something you didn’t like first.

Totally amazed that you dodged the question.

It would appear so. But don’t take it from me, take it from this guy:

A significant amount, across multiple threads, and not just the British sports thread or whatever Jalfrezi claims. I quoted a lot of examples throughout this thread.

Really? I feel sorry for both your genuine sense of outrage and your flag finger - they must have been horribly overworked recently.

Ooh, I finally get to be part of a clique! I’ve been waiting for this day since primary school.