The C-Word

I don’t think the c-word or any word should be censored or banned. I think its use should be discouraged, and those that direct it at other posters or use it as a troll towards those bothered by it should be subject to warnings/temp-bans.

2 Likes

I can understand wanting to let people post as they wish so that you can judge them, but wanting them to be able to post this so you can see them banned is very bad imo. And it sounds like you are just hoping for that.

I thought increased moderation passed? The issue isn’t a word imo, it’s the lack of respect among members of the community.

What? I want people to stop being assholes and ruining the forum experience. Are you saying they should not only have the right to use the c-word but to rub it in others’ faces as well? Whether a word is written out or ****ed is whatever.

I see your point. But I don’t think people have been doing it (before the arguments about it) to rub anything in anyone’s face and I think some of the people who want to continue to do it don’t want to do that just to rub anything in anyone’s face.

If you, or anyone else, are suggesting that **** (the asterisks) offends you and ruins your forum experience that’s one thing, but if this is a pre-emptive move, maybe let’s see if this works as a compromise. But if you want to have a honeypot to catch people you want banned - - I don’t think that’s good.

Where’s here?

Wookie, you’re trying too hard.
You’re US. This is totally a cultural difference.
Males get called ■■■■ far more than females here.

My wife is American and the most tryhardtopleaserveryoneifatallpossibletimes person in the world. Now living in Scotland she knows how to use the c word.

Remember, I am also a ■■■■■

1 Like

You could ban all the words and people would invent new ones to continue their grievances.

With that said id rather not see us banning words but its no big deal if people want to and understandable considering how offensive the word is to some. I mean its right up there near the top when it comes to bad words in the US.

Im abstaining though because fuck the police.

2 Likes

Cool. The rest of my post stands.

You’re talking to a poster named dogsballs.

1 Like

“in the US.”
“in the US”
“in the US”

It’s all context,

From a poster named dogsballs.

Since you’re grunching this thread I’ll quote my post here in hopes that you sincerely consider this perspective, which is what Wookie was getting at with his post.

1 Like

His name may be a reference to balls that a dog plays fetch with. Probably not a big deal and shouldn’t immediately discount whatever he says.

you do pleasure travel during pandemics rofl

Right. In the US its right up there with some of the most offensive words going. Which means since people from the US post here when its used it will highly offend some people.

Personally i change my language in all kinds of situations. Work, at grandmas house, when im in public places. A public forum fits right into those situations. Seems polite and courteous to not use words which highly offend people.

If someone from another country told me something i was saying was something they would rather me not say around them id stop.

I would miss Marty using it though when he gets going.

3 Likes

On this forum. So, we’ll put you down for “fuck your feelings” then.

@SensiblePerson has a sensible post I agree with.

We have precious few women on this forum. Diverse perspectives are good. If the C-word is offensive or a micro-aggression to them, which I can totally see, then it’s really stupid for us to allow it imo. Just star the thing out or whatever.

3 Likes

I just don’t fucking get why saying ■■■■ is so fucking important to the UK crowd. My initial vote was for omg who the fuck cares. My vote is now to ban the word to stop this fuckery. Jebus christ.

7 Likes

Because words are important and you need strong words sometimes.

Why are asshole and douche important to Americans?

1 Like

It’s reds under the beds all over again.

You take several disparate individuals who barely knew each other before you started demonising them, lump them together in some imagined “clique” because of disagreements with your centrist poster boy, then it’s easy to start banning them all.

Next up: SenorKeeed/Watevs/Victoar, are you or have you ever been British?

I know most of the centrists/rightists here hate me (and I’m ok with that) because I can’t help reminding them that the reason they ended up with Trump is that there are too many Americans like them (never mind the 75M)…let the purge begin with a ban on our language.

3 Likes

You’re not aware of very much here, are you?

No wonder I keep forgetting you’re a mod and thinking there are only four - you hardly ever post and when you do I sometimes confused you with ggoreo for some reason (name similarity I guess).

I don’t hate sky or anyone else here, despite what you might like to think. People making bad choices doesn’t make them worthy of hate.

**** all profanity, and personal attacks get you a ban. Problem solved.

2 Likes