The C-Word

Yep. I mean, honestly, I had never really noticed any of the non-jalfrezi members of “the clique” until a few months ago when they were tormenting CW. As I mentioned in the about moderation thread, I’m terrible with remembering posters based on their usernames and avatars. But Jalfrezi’s issues date back to that first COVID thread, back, when we got into it about some whataboutism.

You’re terrible with a lot of things, and “remembering posters based on their usernames and avatars” is the least of them.

I think that would be the time when, on Jan 24th, I was the first person on this site to post that judging from data from China that showed doubling of infection and death rates every three days the covid threat looked extremely serious and governments should start planning to shut down, and I think some claim was made that I was belittling the seriousness of it because I tried to put it into the context of malaria which kills 400,000 (mostly kids) in sub Saharan Africa each and every year.

I’m ready now to admit that was very annoying.

I could be wrong but I think someone even posted lol Africa at some point.

Please notice how in the new spirit of moving on from the past I’m not naming names.

1 Like

Why? Why post that?

Because he pissed me off.

Well, please be nicer. You see how infuriating it can be when people argue and just never ever get upset? Like you are mad and they just continue to be annoyingly calm? That’s a good tactic.

I am fucking calm, what fucking reason do you have to think that I am not calm as a ■■■■■■■ motherfucker right now?

Joking aside, if there’s one thing I learnt from my red-headed Scottish ex, is that “calm down” only stokes the fire.

She literally said to me when we started going out - “if we ever get in an argument and you tell me to calm down, I will smash you in the fucking face”. Pretty much wasn’t lying either, she squared up to me once.

3 Likes

Nothing a deep fried pork pie and a quick knee-trembler round the back of the chippy wouldn’t have sorted out.

I kept some deep-fat fried mars bars behind my ear for treats.

I was gong to say deep-fried Mars bar but on second thoughts realised someone would construe a Marianne Faithful connotation, denounce it as sexist and add it to the list of demeanours that’s being compiled lol.

Wow.

Use your words, buddy.

Your ironing isn’t admired.

Fine. I won’t respond to any post ITT which is not a direct response to me. Deal?

1 Like

We’re like, what, a few hours away from people starting to drop the ‘n’ bomb in here to get a rise? And then other posters responding to it with a lol and a joke? Lotta compassionate, woke, tolerant people in this thread lol.

1 Like

You know very well that will never happen.

Your buddy just dropped a casual racist term for the lols, so I’d say we’re crossing the rubicon. I have no doubt it would be dropped to get a rise out of us snowflakes if it wouldn’t result in a ban.

It didn’t get any lols so the penny will drop.

I mean you whooped it up too, so I’m not shocked by your take, but then I never am.