The Battle For Female Bodily Autonomy: The Right's War on Women

That is exactly what he’s proposing. And he feels very righteous about it. They all do.

Of course they do. The cruelty is the point.

Also already on Archive

Jesus, its PUA bugfuckery 101

“He took my shopping bags from me which was quite disarming and proceeded to go through my purchases and critique them, and then he took one dress out and said to me, ‘You’re going to wear this on our date this week’,” she recalls.

1 Like

Incredible how often the punishment for these types of behaviors is “become a successful international superstar.”

1 Like

Its just the same shit, the same fucking story over and over and over again and its so goddamn disheartening. Guys gets semi-famous. Exerts every ounce of his power to dominate women sexually, and then bullies them into fear and silence. Its maddening. We just suck at fucking everything

1 Like

That is big queen behavior. Trump would approve.

I’m not sure what I think should even happen, but I am glad at least when stuff like this comes out of the whisper network.

MAX and Discover+ also have this docuseries on one of YouTube’s most notorious predators.

The problem for me, as you said, is that when I hope my own qualifier will someday face a form of justice, I watch a docuseries like this and instead understand most predators get away with it. The best I can probably hope for is spreading awareness.

I used to watch a ton of Chris hansen’s YouTube channel when he was hardcore into onision. He had daily stories and interviews on the guy.

1 Like

Orly??

I’d be very curious at your assessment of the docuseries. I knew basically nothing going in, though I was jumping up and down for a second when I recognized one of the authors they quoted.

The one sliver lining in that article was some indication that the industry was changing. I.e. that certain behaviour are less acceptable today.

Of course. None of the fucks who enabled that behaviour will face consequence.

The one guy who heard her screaming, did nothing, and then went up a year later and told her he felt bad… ughh

1 Like

Yes. The part about the guy coming back years later was chilling.

A different situation and people, but here is Kat Blaque discussing bystanders who say they don’t interfere because x/y/z after a woman was given a brick to the face.

The guys from Waving the Red Flag discussing the same situation.

Some good stuff about breaking the presumption of interference=violence and instead exploring actions that simply disrupt the groupthink empowering undisturbed violence toward women.

People think they just aren’t in a position to help. The cost is too great. But one person and then a group simply saying “hey cut that shit out” has an unimaginably powerful effect–especially compared to people instead minding their own business.

I tend not to scroll back so sorry if this isn’t relevant to the discussion, but I remember my dad telling my mom and sister to yell fire instead of for help if ever attacked because people are more likely to respond to a fire than a woman in trouble

1 Like

The same for me.

It attracts people who want to help as well as people who just want to rubberneck but might move to do something once they see it happening. Awareness is better than nothing.

I remember hearing or reading a story about a poker player who came to the aid of someone getting beat up by a bf and he wound up getting in trouble when she sided with the bf (she refused to press charges against the bf, but the bf pressed charges against him). It’s a tough spot for a bystander to be put in even tho the only correct thing to do is get involved imo

1 Like

Amazing.

10 Likes

file this under the long list of horrible.

http://archive.today/igo69

A Nebraska woman who acquired abortion pills that her teenage daughter used to end her pregnancy last year was sentenced on Friday to two years in prison.

The woman, Jessica Burgess, 42, was charged after the police found her private Facebook messages, which revealed plans she had with her daughter to end the pregnancy and “burn the evidence.”

Prosecutors said that Ms. Burgess ordered the pills online and gave them to her daughter, Celeste Burgess, in April 2022, when her daughter was 17 and in the third trimester of her pregnancy. The Burgesses later buried the fetal remains, the authorities said.

Jessica Burgess, who faced up to five years in prison, was sentenced to two years, with her terms for false reporting and removal of skeletal remains running concurrently.

Brad Ewalt, a lawyer for Ms. Burgess, asked Judge Mark A. Johnson of Madison County District Court on Friday to sentence his client to probation. The judge denied the request, saying that Ms. Burgess had treated the fetal remains “like yesterday’s trash,” The Norfolk Daily News reported.

The investigation began in late April 2022, when the police in Norfolk, Neb., began looking into whether a 17-year-old girl had given birth prematurely to a stillborn baby, and whether the girl and her mother had buried it, according to court documents.

At the time, abortion was banned in Nebraska after 20 weeks from conception. This May, Gov. Jim Pillen, a Republican, signed a 12-week ban into law.

The Burgesses were initially charged with concealing a stillbirth. But according to court documents, a detective later asked Celeste Burgess for the exact date her pregnancy ended. When she said she needed to check her Facebook messages to remember, the detective obtained a warrant for messages she had exchanged with her mother.

1 Like

This is yet another reason why you NEVER answer questions from a cop

2 Likes

So gross.

That police are wasting time on this….is…

1 Like

https://x.com/schemaly/status/1709980538344251762?s=46

1 Like