The 2024 Hurricane Season - Helene Heading to FLA Panhandle

Because the rest of the neighborhood has turned to rubble? I would imagine the beach would be ruined for awhile. Perhaps the potential for lots of pollution to your property (not sure how that works). Assuming that you could get an insurance payout for the real replacement value of your home, I don’t see why being last man standing is better than getting cut a check.

Yeah, I would just buy a new house somewhere else and wait to sell the land later - but maybe I am not understanding how this all works.

To who, Aquaman?

Just kidding, just gotta wait for the right climate change denier to come along and whoa boy there are a lot of them.

3 Likes

Where are you seeing this?

Weather Channel. Madness.

1 Like

Yeah it looks pretty bad, especially considering it hasn’t come ashore yet.

Based on the map on Weather Channel, if they’re east of I-75 they shouldn’t get much/any storm surge. If they’re west of it, Godspeed.

Glad they evacuated.

THIS IS FLORIDAAAAAAAAAAA

2 Likes

Got an aunt and uncle in St. Petersburg. Seems like they won’t get the brunt of it but it’ll still suck for them.

Seems like Tampa/St Pete shouldn’t be hit that hard. I mean, everything there that’s been built in the last 30 years or so should be totally fine.

Holy shit. Eating lunch and a couple is sitting next to me who evacuated from Venice Fl, which is right where the eye is hitting. He said none of their employees evacuated, and a bunch of people weren’t evacuating because they thought it was going to hit farther to the north. Guy is telling me how he had to collect next of kin contact infor for them in case they didn’t make it and one of them started breaking down crying because it’s too late to evacuate.

1 Like

Oh shit Waffle House is closing in Naples and Bradenton.

The live feed posted earlier is fascinating.

Yeah there is probably going to be a lot of that, given that it turned pretty significantly within 24 hours of landfall.

I feel like a bad person for following this like it’s a car wreck on th side of the road but I can’t look away. Just a terrifying situation.

Nah. You’re only bad if you start cheering for the hurricane.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m fearing this is going to be so much worse now.

https://twitter.com/DrAHButler/status/1575158609675100160

1 Like

They were just showing that spot on TV. The water is about 80% of the way to the top of that mailbox or utility box on the left, whatever it is.

Reed Timmer’s subaru is currently being washed out into the ocean.

1 Like

He’s gonna need a Dominator Five.

And a better naming system for his cars.