The 2020 Republican National Convention: There will be blood. And soil.

As I see it, Karens are comfortable middle-class women who voted for Obama but still call the cops when they encounter a black man in the park.

4 Likes

I had an old friend on Facebook talk about how she got called a Karen by a jerky 30s white dude for mentioning in a post that his OK sign pic was a white supremacist symbol these days and then reporting him to the mods in the group when he was a jerk about it to her, that she was ruining his fun. Karen is easily a term that can be weaponized the other way. White women getting shunned for calling out racism is a pretty bad side effect!

*who say they voted for Obama but ofc didn’t

Why you omit the great Shawn Ryan of the Shuekd as one of the co creators of the show?

I haven’t watched The Shield yet, but S.W.A.T., Lost Resort, and The Chicago Code are more than enough for me to think The Shield was probably more of a lucky accident for him than a trend. My understanding was that Eric Kripke was more of a creative force behind Timeless, but those lines can get pretty blurred in the development of a show.

2 Likes

What did you think? How did you react when it was revealed what was really going on?

Much like Obama’s presidency

3 Likes