The 2020 Republican National Convention: There will be blood. And soil.

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1299188701101088768

2 Likes

melania talked for 25 mins so you knew trump would blast past an hour

You hope.

https://twitter.com/ConnorSouthard/status/1299199065813475329

11 Likes

Trump re-election odds back to +114 from +184 a while ago. Sorry Americans but you are fucked.

1 Like

All he needs to do is win Wisconsin and fade Arizona and LOL Florida. If there’s a high profile shooting in PA and there are protests, he will win PA too. It is what it is.

Sleepy Joe will win by 3.5 million and lose the EC by a little less than Clinton. Enjoy the 70 of days of it seeming like it might not happen.

On a more optimistic note, I have a new router.

Trump blasts just past eight seconds.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/janerecker/status/1299191736741306369?s=19

1 Like

Why is everyone so convinced that the Wisconsin stuff is good for Trump? Where’s the data? George Floyd wasn’t good for Trump.

Pre George Floyd- Biden was +5.8 nationally and is now +8.4. (9.6 was hit in the middle) In Minnesota where Floyd was from Biden went from +4.6 to 5.2 with a 10.5 in the middle.

Biden has lost 1% this week in Wisconsin, but he’s lost about the same nationally. Might be RNC convention or just jitter.

I just don’t believe in polling’s accuracy. I’m a huge proponent of the idea of cowards voting right wing in the booth after saying they wouldn’t to everyone they know. I think it represents a massive % of the undecideds (and many left leaning per polling) in basically all western countries, at least those with two party systems (US, UK, Australia).

3 Likes

George Floyd’s killing wasn’t good for Trump but through a snowballing of events, Trump now has a new narrative that’s giving him oxygen. Now instead of talking about his failures in the pandemic and the economy, he can talk about threats to your security. Whether that can propel him to victory remains to be seen. But it probably tracks well with a certain percentage of the population.

I still think it’s all about turnout…and they can’t overcome the numbers if we can just convince people to vote.

1 Like

In a month, we’ll be talking about Donald Trump’s failure to keep us safe. I’m rooting for him to look bad on that front.

Glad to know I missed what I missed.

That’s why it’s a big deal that Biden consistently polls at or above 50%. Hillary almost never did. Independents will for sure siphon off close to 1% of the under 50% part like they almost always do.

jfc 600 posts in one night. Cliffs? Craziest things said?

Fifty-six people died of CoVid-19 during his seventy minute speech.

2 Likes

I feel like Melania realized Trump losing is going to lead to a high chance that he gets sued into oblivion and she won’t get much of anything when he dies, which is why she’s suddenly showing interest again. But everyone has their limits lolol

i can dig it

You can tell when Miller got tagged in, it was like the ending of Dr. Strangelove.