The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

18 Likes

They could try to throw out the ballots arriving after 11/3 and by 11/6. But we won’t need them. The rest they can’t realistically touch. We’ve had mail in ballots in the past, no way they can touch the ones in by 8pm 11/3.

2 Likes

We should be walking up to these people and telling them we’ll put money in their pocket and quickly if they elect us. Just straight cash in hand. They feel like they’re owed something, and honestly promises were made and subsequently not kept. They had it unreasonably good for a while, but absolutely nobody likes to tumble down the economic ladder. It’s really traumatic.

They need to hear us tell them directly what they are going to do for them in tangible terms they understand with lots of small fucking words. We need to contest these people even if it costs 5 voters from CA for every one of them we convert. They are just worth more. If you want to matter as much as them go live in a flyover state.

FDR bought these people once, we can do it again.

2 Likes

More info on number of mail ballots by county in PA:

County Mail Ballots Requested Mail Ballots Returned Percent Returned
PHILADELPHIA 436,904 346,196 79.2%
ALLEGHENY 413,374 340,719 82.4%
MONTGOMERY 274,711 231,415 84.2%
BUCKS 192,928 153,016 79.3%
CHESTER 167,571 138,813 82.8%
DELAWARE 152,204 111,321 73.1%
LANCASTER 108,468 87,019 80.2%

AZ is not going to trump.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/alexblagg/status/1324190313590784000

22 Likes

Seriously though COUNT THE GD BALLOTS

The longer this takes more likely there will be shenanigans and or violence

wrap it up

5 Likes

Fox News is watching the freight train runaway down the hill. Nice work, Murdoch!

Oh you!!!

2 Likes

You guess wrong!! :grinning:

We are on day 17 of daily tabulation and adjudication. I’m updating here instead of my poll workers thread since AZ is so red hot all of a sudden. But I haven’t read most of this thread. I’ve been sort of isolated from the news all day and worked today under that assumption that AZ was already called for Biden.

I do not have any insight into the order the remaining ballots are being processed. I’m honestly not sure anybody does or if it’s even possible. But I think what some people fail to understand is that a shitload of people handed in sealed early mail-in ballots at polling places yesterday for whatever reason (maybe forgot to mail until too late, maybe didn’t trust the mail, etc.)

Unlike votes that were cast and scanned at polling sites, these ballots have to go through the full process for a mail-in ballot including:

1. Signature Verification
  2. Extract from envelope, unfold, stack in batches
  3. Run through the high-speed tabulation machine (6-8k per hour I think?)
  4. A certain percentage will be flagged for adjudication, where humans look at the ballot images to resolve write-ins and analyze ambiguous marks etc.

This process takes time. The night shift of adjudicators is working for a couple more hours tonight. You can even watch them on the “BTC North” webcam at the link below. My shift will start again at 7:30am tomorrow. Wish us luck!!

https://recorder.maricopa.gov/multimedia/btcgallery.aspx

17 Likes

https://twitter.com/GadiNBC/status/1324187296984231936

Amazingly they’re not chanting to stop the count.

2 Likes

From Counting Dashboard

That 0% returned in York is a little concerning since it is 62-37 in favor of Trump. Also have to assume some of these don’t get returned or end up voting in person.
Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.23.51 PM

2 Likes

Biden within 31,748 in Georgia

Perdue at 50.15%

I can’t be arsed to do this, but it’s fun to think about usernames with maximum troll value. Best I could come up with was “OnePumpTrump”.

5 Likes

NATE SILVER

NOV. 4, 10:13 PM

Trump’s lead in Georgia is now down to 31,748 votes, per Decision Desk HQ.

So what are they protesting? lol

poor lost sweet summer child :bouquet:

NATE’S PONY IS DOWN TO 31,748 VOTES

I don’t get AZ not being called. 76% of the outstanding is Maricopa with Biden leading their 53/47. Donny would need to pull something over 60% of what is outstanding in that county to close the gap. Is he really going improve 13% over whats already come out?

I guess the last tranche was 59% Trump?

Go Philly Go

1 Like

This still feels entirely too slow, w/e. Drinky drinky.