The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

This is an 11 hour old post, but I am replying to it because I think it is important. I feel like you were one of the ones who two years ago said the senate in 2020 was not happen. If that wasn’t you apologies, but we had several people here push that.

The idea of the senate realistically being in play was not a thing until VERY recently. And even then was like a 51 or 52 dem controlled senate. Given the make up of senate dems and how senate republicans operate this was never going to be enough for real control.

So instead of people shitting all over the reality of what most everyone here wanted with fantasies of something that was never actually happening, why don’t we instead simmer down.

Anyone interested in arguing this please document where you pushed that we had a 53 plus dem senate in play 12 months ago.

This election was absolutely about getting trump the fuck out of office. FULL STOP.

Also as everyone brainstorms plans to adjust to the electorate. This is the only guaranteed strategy.

“Straight Whites, we are going to give you free college, universal healthcare, increased minimum wage, and coffee Mondays”.

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/DeKalbVotes/status/1324096809799659520?s=20

1 Like

Gonna agree here. Trump has done permanent damage not just to the government and our confidence in it but also likely irreparable damage to the social fabric of America. We view so many people with hate and disgust since he ran for president. He brought out the worst characteristics in deplorables and developed them in those who never had them at all. They hate us and we hate them.

The fall of American democracy was accelerated by Trump’s actions. Like Lincoln said, “A house divided against itself cannot stand.”

3 Likes

I was getting texts 3-4 times weekly from GA Dems since I must’ve still been on a list somewhere. I will definitely be texting/calling for the runoff.

It really looks like Biden’s got Georgia.

My guesses for margins in the remaining counties:

Fulton: +20k
Cobb: +6k
DeKalb: +20k
Clayton: +10k
Douglass+Gwinnett+Rockdale might add another 5k
Muscogee: +3k
Bibb: +3k
Chatham: +3k

I’m not seeing any remaining counties that seem like they’ll give Trump more than a few thousand votes. I think Biden’s going to end up winning Georgia by 20-30k

8 Likes

F’ing hell Joe Lieberman is alive and on Fox.

each of those 200 ppl are gonna get 2000 calls each

5 Likes

Biden +120K in MI and on pace for a six figure win in PA? Yep, they’re not going to be that close when all the counting is done.

2 Likes

I would much rather have perdumb just win here outright we’re not gonna win that in a special and I’d rather have a better shot at defending that seat than try to get it in 22. Warnock has a better shot alone.

(the 22 map is just so-so, basically PA, WI, maybe GA again vs NV, AZ on the defense)

There may be hype to go after Rubio in FL–do not fall for this.

This is really good news. Why bother doing this if you think you’re winning it regardless.

2 Likes

Is anyone actually afraid of Republican lawyers? They’re obvious bad faith charlatans. It’s Republican judges that are feared, because that’s where bad-faith chicanery plays.

He call the Biden family a “crime” family. He’s not invited to the inauguration. Someone like W or Mitt will take his place.

sorry if it’s been posted already but INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS PLEASE

2 Likes

If it’s still needed once I’ve slept, I’m in.

Fuck those guys, too.

The police will be attending the protests.

1 Like

I was very pessimistic about the 2020 senate map. What you say is fair.

Hadn’t seen this yet:

https://twitter.com/ACLUNJ/status/1323841726969163782

1 Like

Mitch stroking out would instantly make my all time top three favorite life moments. It might top the time I slept with a hot celebrity or when I met my girlfriend.

4 Likes

This.