The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

How do we start one of these?

Silver on ABC or was just on ABC.

Thank you for your great sacrifice. You will be remembered always.

7 Likes

Donā€™t fuck with John McCain.

3 Likes

I think they are just dumping it all in one or two batches tonight.

I refuse until I see an AZ update!

But Iā€™m probably being irrational. Based on what I could find, outstanding early ballots were basically even by party (plus a large NPA bucket) going into election day, so I find it hard to believe that thereā€™s some disproportionate amount of these from Rā€™s on election day. I saw a chart where the 3 days leading up to election day, ballot returns were basically even by party affiliation. I think the largest advantage Rā€™s had on any given day was like 20K ballots (I canā€™t remember the exact number, and canā€™t find the chart again). Rā€™s are down by ~93K in the state.

Iā€™m hopeful the math makes it very very difficult for any miracle comeback.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1324098639749406720

5 Likes

Truth.

I totally get it and I feel the same way. Yesterday wasnā€™t what we wanted but getting the most evil man on the planet out of office is, to quote President-elect Biden, ā€œa big fucking deal.ā€

2 Likes

Yeah, if Trump does better with certain groups than expected (e.g. youngs) then covid may have helped him there (such as many youngs not wanting to wear masks or be shutdown)

Dude on MSNBC crushing it calling the GOP the enemy. I like this guy!

The next 2 years will be frustrating with nothing meaningful accomplished because of Mitch, but itā€™s just so so huge to get this guy TF out of here. Since nothing legislatively can get done, hopefully more time to investigate and lock up all these criminals.

1 Like

I should probably take a shower. Iā€™ve been on my couch since like 8pm last night lol

6 Likes

Cough

3 Likes

There is def a needle in Michigan right now

1 Like

With 97 percent of the expected vote reporting, Biden leads Trump 50 percent to 49 percent in Michigan. But a projection there doesnā€™t seem premature given that what remains are mail ballots in some of the stateā€™s most Democratic areas. For similar reasons, Democratic Sen. Gary Peters looks like heā€™ll hold on against Republican challenger John James, despite leading only 49.2 percent to 49.0 percent.

Edit: Sorry that was a quote from 538.

3 Likes

Letā€™s be

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1324099696466501633

Dissing Lil Pimp calling him old wtf

6 Likes

Goddamn, I need me some Jim Carrey Trump sad clown art

2 Likes

Iā€™m feeling pretty good for the first time in 18 hours.