The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

Just based off feels? Lol

I get feeling that way but betting on trump when all the data says otherwise… doesnt make sense.

The correct play from Mom Pocketchads would’ve been to agree to not vote since they are cancelling each other out and then go yank the lever for Biden anyway. Say you were getting coffee with a girlfriend or something.

4 Likes

Emotional hedge, if Biden wins you can be happy and if Trump wins at least you made some $$$

1 Like

Beat: American flags have shown up on 2 houses outside my house.

Brag: they have Biden signs.

Variance: they’re on a road called “Flag Avenue”

2 Likes

Well done Iran!

1 Like

You would need an amendment to the constitution which is very hard to do especially given the polarization of the country.

The much worse but related problem is the make-up of the Senate, the upper body of the legislature. The Senate has to confirm the cabinet and judges. It is not apportioned by population. Each state gets two. And that apportionment cannot be changed by an amendment not that such an amendment would ever be ratified. It is expected that by a near future date, 20% of voters will elect 80% of the Senate. USA #1 needs a tear-down/rebuild of its constitution. It doesn’t seem to be on anyone’s radar, but I would bet in the next 50 years there will be a more perfect form of government in the USA. These things develop quickly and it will get to the point that enough people will demand it. On the other hand climate change or AI might get us first.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about this, but the amount of money large enough to sway my emotions if Biden loses is an amount I don’t want to lose if Biden wins.

2 Likes

where my Guam live updates at?

1 Like

FWIW - I’m pretty sure Nate said there would be no national needle tonight - just local ones.

I think it’s probably more because of Kemp

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1323620786897330176?s=21

3 Likes

I’m on a mailing list from one of the largest banks in US’ rates/currency desk. They send out color for any meaningful worldwide events that could impact the markets. I’m assuming this distribution is to an absolute ton of their customers / large corporates.

The conclusion that they felt comfortable blasting out to the world?

Prediction: Trump wins with 290+ electoral votes, rendering Pennsylvania’s likely slow vote-count meaningless.

2 Likes

Guess you’re worthy.

Good luck 'Murica. Don’t fuck it up. Getting up at 5 AM Norwegian time/11 PM EST to catch up with UP before heading to work at 8ish.

6 Likes
4 Likes

If trump wins, basically I get a golf simulator as a consolation prize. Selfish but w/e.

Yea the data indicates a biden victory, but there will be shenanigans/possible cheating and likely court challenges that could throw this in a way where I think there’s equity on a bet.

I’ve said for a while that I don’t believe this will be a fair election, like I don’t believe 2016 was. If I’m wrong, great.

4 Likes

Yah, most just say Mexico.

Guanajuato is pretty amazing, I think you’d enjoy both trips.

2 Likes

Im working atm but can give you detailed info later. Ill post in the relocation thread.

1 Like

Nate can’t resist

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1323694397037432833

2 Likes

someone needs to track this man

Grunch. Has Pete declared victory yet?

1 Like