The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

Great job from the polling industry again, just fantastic. A+.

9 Likes

giving FL, GA, NC and TX to Trump still leaves Biden as a 59/41 favorite. If Biden gets AZ he jumps to 91%

Ohio moves Biden to 97%

3 Likes

It’s unclear to me whether Nate is saying Biden is looking good in AZ as a whole or just Maricopa.

Imagine if fucking ARIZONA saved the country from another 4 years of Trump.

4 Likes

And you call yourself “WAAF”. Liar!

Reid Epstein, in Madison, Wis. 2m ago

Biden leads Maricopa County by 10 points so far, with three-quarters of its vote estimated to be counted. If that margin holds up it will be difficult for Trump to win Arizona. See Arizona results ›

1 Like

Coverage is starting to shift away but I’m guessing the consensus is PA and MI are going Trump and AZ is going to be close but won’t matter?

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1323826136586006529?s=21

Legit chance they are off 10+ in both MI and WI.

3 Likes

Seems like it.

That is… not at all the consensus. WTF.

1 Like

So AZ is basically just PA insurance, right?

1 Like

We got this, bros. Country sucks WAY more than we thought, but we got this.

definitely eating a ban if I’m wrong and that’s fine

6 Likes

need to start polling those fuckin boat parades

3 Likes

I would still be surprised to see Michigan go red.

Yeah looking at the counties with high reporting, it seems like Biden is slightly outperforming Clinton in central and northeast PA, while underperforming in western PA and south-central PA. A lot of counties reporting 40-50% though and at this point it’s hard to tell which votes we’re looking at.

Pollsters have jumped to #1 on the guillotine list

16 Likes

If the total expected vote is correct and its 1.256M vs 1.046M with 868K outstanding, Trump needs to get ~62% of the remaining in AZ.

unfortunately anyone left of center has

Upper midwest is all day of voting first right?

WTF are you talking about? There is nothing to indicate that. Only 9 percnet of Philly is in, we’re not going to know PA for weeks. MIchigan is similar with Detroit.

2 Likes