The 2020 Election: Delaying the Inevitable

I don’t recall ever seeing a line to vote in CA (more than like 5 or 10 people). I live in the burbs, and there are at least two polling places within a very short walk. The closest is probably about 600 feet away.

Eta: the internet tells me it has happened, but I think it’s pretty rare.

1 Like

If you drink every time you hear that today, it was nice knowin ya. Rest in peace.

2 Likes

It is the furniture of our world. Not all truth is pleasant. To repress it does violence to knowledge.

3 Likes

I took today off :+1:

2 Likes

You may want to reread that poem. His neighbor says the wall makes good neighbors. Frost is not so sure:

Before I built a wall I’d ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out

1 Like

Just voted, +1 in PA, not gonna steal my early vote you fucks

30 Likes

If you want to ride a roller coaster, just search “Pennsylvania lines” on Twitter. Long lines everywhere, rural, urban and suburban.

I usually have to wait in line in Maryland, but never more than 15-20 minutes. Always moves quickly as the location by me has tons of workers/machines.

2 Likes

We’re not.

Just took me ~20m in west Philly/university city area, wasn’t too bad but I got there early

4 Likes

2.5 hour line at 7:00 this morning, I’m going to have to go back later due to a conference call. Locals report this polling location has never had a line at all in prior elections.

4 Likes

How does your area skew?

Mega-Republican.

Karen ratio?

2 Likes

I was hoping to avoid following every second today, but here I am at 5am.

11 Likes

I feel like Trump is standing on the beach right now, and all the water is getting sucked out and he’s like, “This is the greatest ocean bed you’ll ever see. Brought to you by your favorite president. Come see! Ohhhh look, it’s a little wave…”

Tsunami, motherfucker.

5 Likes

I’m concerned that a Biden wafflecrush won’t be enough for senate races. People better get out and vote even if early numbers look good

I had to take my like back, sorry.

Well they were all standing in line politely as far as I could tell.

I was hoping to sleep last night or at some point today but here I am too.