Thank you to our new overloards

A big thank you to all of those that made the effort to rescue us from the old place and take the time to create this new one. We appreciate you.

10 Likes

I second that emotion - thanks to all who got us this far - onwards and upwards.

1 Like

I’ll 2nd that :+1:

Thanks to Everyone for the massive effort :wave:

1 Like

Thanks all!

1 Like

So far, I’m digging the new software. I could quibble about the overall look (most of which is just unfamiliarity), but the mechanics of posting and reading are pretty smooth on both desktop and mobile.

1 Like

Anything special you are using for mobile, or just whichever browser is on your phone?

1 Like

+1ing the thanks

1 Like

Just Chome on Android feels good to me. My biggest and perhaps only dislike about mobile is not having an app button on my phone’s home screen to open this.

1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work put in :muscle:

1 Like

Thought I would revive one of our first threads on UP to say thanks to all those who make this community possible. There has been too much fighting lately but in the end that’s what happens when you put a bunch of smart people together who have genuine disagreements. We can all do a better job of remembering that disagreeing with an idea is not the same as hating a person.

I have spent too much time on this site this year, as I am sure many of you have, but I am confident it has been a net good in my life. It’s allowed me to vent, to argue, and to learn about the world. I’ve learned a ton here.

Finally, just want to say a huge thanks to the admins and mods. You have taken a lot of abuse lately but without your free and hard work this place simply wouldn’t exist. I hope we can all remember that modding will never be perfect, no matter who is doing it, and that it’s easier than we think to kill a place like this if we make the volunteer jobs not worth taking.

Happy holidays to all and a final huge thanks to all who post or lurk here making this place what it is.

21 Likes

Thank you to the admins for keeping this place running and fixing all the problems.

Thank you to the mods

For absolutely nothing

This is a really childish post.

1 Like

Not moreso than his normal posting.

Sorry you mature adults don’t understand pop culture references

1 Like

Take it to the other thread.

I deleted two posts in this thread that added absolutely nothing of value, not even as entertainment or curiosity.

They were not worth moving to the other thread, either.

Highlighting a poster’s double standards is nothing of value?

1 Like

Let me be more clear, then.

Take it to the other thread, or every post you make about it here will be deleted.

I’ve asked this of jal, but include Marty

Are you trying to get temp-banned to make it look more and more like you’re being unfairly modded?

Consider it a challenge to coalesce your thoughts into more substantial posts than “piss off”.