Technical Problems

I think the problem is that they don’t use static URLs so discourse doesn’t have a way to embed it because the URL may change at any time

1 Like

wtf is wrong with you

How often does jal or one of his crew avoid getting silenced after being warned? The whole point is to get silenced . I mean just the other day six got silenced for what he thought was an unfair reason, which prevented him from making his next planned post which he knew would be a silencing

If it’s so rare then it should never come up. Seems like a good thing. Still seems like a bad idea that will be an issue at some point, and taking cheap shots at new mods seems like a bad idea too.

But that’s not even an admin thing. It’s a, how do you hide an element with CSS question.

Add an extension that allows you to modify a page’s CSS

Use devtools to identify the element class

Then hide that class

If it never comes up, then why would you object to them hiding mods’ posts? It’s not the comments about moderation they’re trying to avoid reading

Ah thanks.

That makes sense because every link is unique so it can track who clicks on it back to who posted it.

Because I don’t think it won’t come up, I think it will come up. I think they’ll complain a bunch about it if it does, and that jal should quit whinging about new mods he literally nominated. I also think admins shouldn’t encourage that whinging behavior.

Found the thread about it

This makes me think I need to inform people when one posts a tiktok link the poster can see the username of everyone who clicked it. Not a big fan of that, makes me not want to post links.

Alright I will deadmin so I don’t have to worry about what you think I should be allowed to post. @spidercrab please revoke my admin

Do that if you need to, and thanks for your work, but don’t frame it as a request from me. That’s all you.

Hey, I was only trying to bring a bit more colour to these dark times.

Take this bullshit to the other thread. You fucks are lucky I have no desire to be a mod.

There is a user (that I know of) for whom this doesn’t work. I think it’s because they were anonymized and then reconstituted.

Just have to redo it.

For some reason the name isn’t in the user list for me.

Would you mind DM’ing the user to me? If you’re comfortable with the command line and finding your browser cookies, you might be able to make minor updates to this command to see if it works for you. Basically, you’ll need to update the section to the <user-name> in the URL and referer header, as well as the sections that say <redacted> in the the cookie and x-csrf-token headers. I’m not sure all those headers are needed, but this what the browser developer tools showed me.

curl 'https://unstuckpolitics.com/u/<user-name>/notification_level.json' \
    -X 'PUT' \
    -H 'authority: unstuckpolitics.com' \
    -H 'accept: */*' \
    -H 'accept-language: en-US,en;q=0.9,de;q=0.8,la;q=0.7' \
    -H 'content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8' \  
    -H 'cookie: _ga=<redacted>; theme_ids=233%7C1; _t=<redacted>; _forum_session=<redacted>' \
    -H 'x-csrf-token: <redacted>' \
    -H 'discourse-logged-in: true' \
    -H 'discourse-present: true' \
    -H 'origin: https://unstuckpolitics.com' \
    -H 'referer: https://unstuckpolitics.com/u/<user-name>/summary' \
    -H 'sec-ch-ua: "Chromium";v="106", "Google Chrome";v="106", "Not;A=Brand";v="99"' \
    -H 'sec-ch-ua-mobile: ?0' \
    -H 'sec-ch-ua-platform: "Windows"' \
    -H 'sec-fetch-dest: empty' \        
    -H 'sec-fetch-mode: cors' \       
    -H 'sec-fetch-site: same-origin' \
    -H 'user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36' \    
    -H 'x-requested-with: XMLHttpRequest' \
    --data-raw 'notification_level=ignore&expiring_at=3022-11-13+08%3A00-08%3A00' \
    --compressed
1 Like

4 Likes