Technical Problems

You can get rid of it in your preferences. It’s the last tab. Just uncheck the “enable chat” box and save changes.

direct url would be unstuckpolitics.com/u/smrk4/preferences/chat

3 Likes

There is something unusual going on with notifications. What site update? Who performed that? last I checked @admin or @olink had fucked off with no clear resolution or response there. I got a lot of notifications about posts being moved/deleted that seemed to have a very common and weird thread to them. Some of them containing private information. Who is performing this maintenance?

There’s something weird going on, in my opinion.

before some dipshit calls me a liar explain this (I have removed more sensitive notifications before taking this screenshot):

It’s a conspiracy to reveal your private PMs

6 Likes

Can’t say I know what I’m talking about but there’s been a tonne of organisational changes spread across 4 updates that have just been integrated all at once. This seems to include a revamped notification system and a whole host of organisational changes advertised as improving interactivity and individual site modification by the end user. I’m no expert but it seems likely that facilitating this required modifying the way existing content is logged, links to each other and is filed.

My best guess is that a few of these changes updated the logs and triggered the new notification system (does that make any sense?) while the sheer weight of them caused it to blow up.

2 Likes

My notifications have been on 99 forever so I never even noticed.

It was me. More detail here:

2 Likes

Good job. Glad everything went smoothly

Ban

Thanks for the update, spider. I’m not sure that something didn’t break internally but I also don’t really care that much. Thought I’d give a heads up.

:vince1:

2 Likes

Site seems broken, can’t get a thread overview anymore:

Logout and back in. Worked for me.

Nope, that doesn’t fix the problem for me.

Strangely, on the phone everything is A.O.K.

Same here

Is it possible that you’re using a theme that no longer works?

This is what I see on Windows when I go to the UP homepage.

Yep, that did it, Light Theme does not work no more! Thanks! :transmet_smiley:

Yep…I was able to change it to “natural” and have it be close to normal.