Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

:+1:

6 Likes

Not hating on y’all trying to make a buck, and respect the hustle, but

This is the most asinine thing I’ve ever seen! Who is out there paying significant money… to own the serial number… of any publicly available free GIF

…on a site where you can’t withdraw money!

4 Likes

Mine did too. I feel like I made a fish move as fast as it sold. At least I’m ahead of what I’ve spent.

1 Like

This, my friend, is the beauty of the whole thing!

7 Likes

Where else can you literally make 500,000% annualized returns with zero risk. (So far)

2 Likes

i can go back to arguing on the value of a google image poorly printed on a cardboard for 5.2m but we’ve come too far.

2 Likes

Do you have a compound picked out for us to move to?

Reminds me of young TJ in high school vehemently arguing for the righteousness of Napster by saying that if I go online and print out the Mona Lisa to hang on my wall, why should I have to pay the estate of Leonardo da Vinci for the privilege?

Teacher was like uhhhhhhhhhh

are you going to an IP discussion? value discussion? merit discussion? i fought stronger man who came for my tribe.

Yuv should be charging us all a percentage of our sales. You’re (@Yuv ) the one who brought this magical experience to our attention here, aren’t you?

1 Like

I’m saying I agree with you if all those things are both incredibly silly while also possibly lucratively monetized

This thing is popular because we all love free money as much as literally anything else. That is our mutual bond. Coming from the last free money cult event.

1 Like

I’m just waiting on more pro sports to pick this up. Where’s MLB and NFL? Someone get Vince on the line for WWE moments. Let’s re-issue the Pokemon cards on the blockchain too with serial #s. That would be insanely hype. I feel like our revenue streams are so limited right now with only one mainstream product.

Also will be interesting to see what happens if another NBA product opens up. AFAIK NBA just gave TopShot the go-ahead to use their stuff, but not exclusive rights (correct me if i am wrong)

Gifted it

You should see all sales.

You can also gift cards. I think the transaction should be on the Flow-chain, but no clue how to find it.

People gift cards for trades / off-market sales.

1 Like

I bought a friend’s pack last night. Venmo3d him and he gifted them to me.

1 Like

Don’t think this has the same potential, but it’s launching tomorrow.

1 Like

Also, TopShot has exclusive NBA rights for video digital trading cards.

1 Like

as terrible of a practice as it is, i think the lol non-existence cashout policy has been pretty huge for the growth of the market place.

1 Like

Question open to anybody. What % of current market value would you sell to someone for in exchange for Venmo? Curious to see what sort of premium this factor may be adding.