Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

Can confirm that free money is enticing. :smile: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

1 Like

What am i missing on this Aaron Gordon S1 moment? Someone just sold another for cheap

Well people are much more willing it pay $9 to gamble than $50 for some random dogshit player.

I’m down 50% since yesterday. Woooops. PJ cool cat is sub $400…from $800ish peak yikes.

2 Likes

Fwiw im pretty sure this is gonna get super hyped in the all star week. No idea which cards will moon or what the correct strategy is, but the bubble gonna bubble some more imo

1 Like

Am now aaron gordon bagholder. Got that premium 696 though, nicein

4 Likes

No bites on anything :sob:

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1364643505566580749

Just missed a Jaylen Jumper for $33. Hope that was one of you crazies.

1 Like

You guys are shooters, getting sniped on everything

There’s so many reasons to be bullish on this. The big thing to be bearish about though is such a small group of people have cards right now, that became valuable super fast, and are taking some profits. But this is good in the long run, and is necessary for growth. It’s like if you were buying bitcoin for pennies i suspect.

2 Likes

I certainly gave that one a go

I have just been trying to get the packs and didn’t plan on flipping them. Obviously if I got some rare moment worth a bunch that would be different. I just don’t really have the urge to put 500$ or so on the site and buy in the market. I think a lot of the fun Is chance of getting a rare moment. I would definitely be willing to invest more than 9$ for a pack of it increased my chances of getting one though.

I’m pretty sure their motivation is to get a chunk of the action. What should Bron get for the sale of a quarter million dollar gif of him dunking?

The players are already getting a cut of this indirectly via the licensing. The players union was in on the negotiations and had to sign off on this product existing.

1 Like

And I’m sure that’s relative pennies compared to the market cap of an Ish Smith free throw moment.

The market caps of these are pennies compared to the market cap of the physical sports card market, which goes through the same negotiations and licensing.

Yeah but when an Ish Smith card sells on ebay, Ish Smith doesn’t get a cut. He does if one sells on the BLOCKCHAIN

1 Like

I don’t think this is remotely accurate. This product is in beta and some unremarkable moments by guys barely in the league have 7 figure market caps. I don’t think this is true for a single Panini run of one scrub player.

1 Like

The_Schiller is back laddering down Embiids

So everybody here basically got in with PAX and are still up like 3500% right?

Reading this thread is giving me anxiety and I never even made an account.