Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

Edition 1/1. I’m looking for $2,000,000.

1 Like

We call people like you no-momenters in the industry

This might be a poorly executed ponzi scheme but it’s our poorly executed ponzi scheme.

What can I get for this:

raptor fall

3 Likes

Ok, this all sounds way stupider than the 100k Widgeponzicoins I just bought.

I’m in.

1 Like

People will eat shit if there’s a lineup to do it.

1 Like

Seems like when Yuv first mentioned blockchain sports cards everyone was like “lol, that’s dumb” and now weeks later everyone is like “LET ME SHOW YOU MY CRYPTOPACKS!”

5 Likes

One note - in the most recent Dev Diary, they complained about people getting the Cool Cat packs and immediately flipping the cards. They claim in the future they will try to offer packs to people that want the cards. Not sure if they can or will actually do this, but to be safe, I’m holding all my $2-3 commons (and even bought one of my favorite players). My thought is that they might try to not sell new packs to people who have gotten packs before, but hold no (or very few) cards.

“I’d also like to say that if you successfully got a pack for $14, it isn’t cool to instantly flip it or try to exploit the system. Trading on the Marketplace is awesome – we love when community members are able to build valuable collections, but we will continue to make sure that we’re offering packs to collectors who actually want them.”

I still think they are dumb, but I’m not above taking some free $.

I’m starting to see the value in this weirdly. I think if they could find a way to add some sort of game aspect to the site that you were able to play with whatever cards you owned this thing would really take off.

You guys should get into unboxing cases in video games :rofl:

It’s got to be negative EV but if you hit a rare skin you can sell it for 4-5 figures depending on what it is. There is a large trading community in games like Counter Strike GO, the top people have 6 figure inventories. You also used to be able to bet and gamble with skins instead of cash but I think Valve axed that a few years ago, I don’t follow the stuff anymore.

I thought about not even opening mine. Think there is any benefit to that at all?

when common cool cat cards are selling for $250 what did they think was gonna happen in a $14 pack

I tried and failed miserably to get a lavine for a buck or two last night, sad.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win”

and by win i mean wait 8 hours in line to buy a pack of gifs

3 Likes

They claim that they will be implementing a system to sell packs, so it’s possible in the future an unopened pack will be worth more money than the EV of the cards.

1 Like

unopened packs are always more EV than the card EV you pay for the fun of opening it

I actually believe in the near future they will reach a point where you can buy a pack whenever you want. This will result in common cards having much higher serial #s and limited edition cards becoming less frequent to find in packs. I see this evolving to mirror the current sports card market, just in digital form.

Packs of old sets sell for decent prices sometimes though.

1 Like

Sure - but not if the cards drop in value before you are able to sell packs.

eh, some old packs are a LOT LOT more than the cards in them

I’m imagining the unique experience of chewing a 40 year old stick of bubble gum.

3 Likes