Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

there has to be a goal though, unless just clicking buttons.

I think they want a bigger differentiator between common/rare/legendary and hope this drives legendary higher. Right now a Lebron common sells for higher than some of the legendary cards.

In general trying to understand what TopShot want to happen can be really beneficial in predicting their moves in the future.

bastard

2 Likes

The marketplace reminds me of late 2017-early 2018 when the shitcoins markets has like 5% bid ask spreads on KuCoin and you could just sit there all day and make risk free money. Yes the swongs would sometimes wipe you out but when you are always beating the market by a large percentage that tends to override some of that.

I am really enjoying that part as well. More so than any of the rest of it. OPEN THE DAMN MARKETPLACE.

3 Likes

Rarity only matters so much in collectibles vs name value. Like it’s hilarious g league dudes have moments selling for so much.

If UFC starts shit, they’ll want a McGregor.
If Pokémon starts, it’s the first 151 with emphasis on Pikachu, charizard.

Don’t care how rare a Ken shamrock or sinistea moment is, we know what the normies want

1 Like

gimme all your droolers
https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1364295213326495749

4 Likes

It certainly could go higher next. At some point I think attracting new money is going to get harder through a combination of bad new user experience, higher effective dollar cost of entry, some of the novelty wearing off, packs not being instant 5-10x auto ROI if you get one, more focus on the money not being available for withdrawal, and perhaps competing markets. How bubbles end always hard to predict, they can go a long time and can get more irrational. I think this market is particularly ill suited to an orderly sell off and likely gaps down the same way it gapped up.

Also you guys probably all know this from poker and gambling, but need to be cognizant of quarterly taxes owed if you start running up real balances.

You mean last Thursday lol?

4 Likes

It was cute when it was like 50:50 to get a pack and yuv and I were super sad at getting 2x Fultz/Bacon in a pack because they were $2 cards, now they’re $40.

2 Likes

the best part about this was opening packs and being mostly disappointed and occasionally happy. sniping cards is addicting, but not actually fun.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MalcMili13/status/1364298077344063492

2 Likes

The actual pack opening part when available seems to be one thing they’ve executed well on, seems really fun.

2 Likes

This is insane, we are definitely drawing live to the LABRON tweet.

2 Likes

there is basically 0% lebron doesn’t tweet about it soon. The only reasoning not to would be that he’s negotiating a % return.

2 Likes

Same as FUT improving. It used to just be a pack with bad graphics. Now if you open a quality player, they walk out onto the pitch and do a celebration? Genius idea.

1 Like

Ya I don’t really seem how this is going to suddenly die down and crash with the levels of exposure we are getting to. Long run sure. But I will have made my 100k and moved on by then :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I wonder if some of the mania surrounding this stuff is people finally feeling like they can look away from the politics shitshow. Probably not but it’s interesting how all these “meme stocks” have been blowing up the last couple of months. Maybe it’s just pandemic boredom.

5 Likes

I would buy and open packs even if they were not EV+. It’s really the only thing the site has done well. I used to love ripping packs, but largely stopped when they became super expensive and you only got a few cards. I find the TS pack opening more fun that physical cards with the music and the reveal.

2 Likes

the holo I sold is in it

fml

well selling that card and having anything else with that same money was higher until that challenge

2 Likes

F

are you still locked out of your account?