Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

“Friendly heads up that we’re going to try (operative word) to drop some new Base Set packs at 5 PM PST (in ~75 minutes). We’re not confident the drop will go smoothly”

That was the email. good job people who are in way over their heads.

The future of sports cards!!

It seems like the common pack is worth the $9. Even the crappy commons go for $2-3, and you have the chance to hit the lottery with a few going for a lot more. There are also quite a few cards selling for $10+ right now. Just need one decent card to make it worthwhile, and worst case is you lose $3 (assuming we don’t see a further drop in prices).

Not if you include the time wasted trying to get them

1 Like

fees are pretty brutal too, so many fish like predictit but it’s so rustling seeing the fee

Everything about this site is shady as fuck. No email signup, can use your data for any purpose, try to force notifications, site doesn’t work, can’t cash out, etc. What is the fee?

Wait you cant withdraw? Whats to prevent them from just shutting down and taking all monies

Here is the message you get, when you click withdraw:

" We thank you for your patience while we enable withdrawals for your account. You will receive access after passing a review on our end. No further action is necessary from you.

This process may take up to 30 days due to heavy demand. We appreciate your patience - these protections are in place to ensure a safe and compliant trading experience for everyone. We are processing reviews as quickly as possible and our process will continue to get faster."

Given all they have is my email and CC info, not sure what is taking them up to 30 days to review. Definitely would not be trusting them with much money right now.

It’s worth lighting $9 on fire just to say I participated in this, whatever this is. It’s definitely wild to see something with the NBA backing but also with discord servers featuring complete chaos. If this is the future, it’s gonna be insane. Hopefully MLB and other sports can get on board so there’s more opportunities. I gotta say I hate the way the cards look, the cube thing looks weird

Did i mention it’s all a scam?

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother depositing to buy a common pack. Only reason I will buy one (if I happen to be online at perfect time) is it’s already sunk money I’m spending.

If you really want to be able to say you participated, I’ll send you a moment just so you can have one.

Why in the fuck am I still going to try for one? Is what I keep asking myself.

I will say that im pretty sure they are canadian and canadians never lie

Heads up y’all, we’re geared for pushing this out, but we’ve hit another delay and plan on targeting a 7:20 PM PST drop. In the end, it’ll be an exciting time hopefully seeing many of y’all with packs after a long hiatus!

this will be so awesome if it’s just some social experiment

1 Like

I appreciate the offer, but I think I also want to gamble it up. Especially if the packs are only marginally -EV. I’ll take a 99.9% chance of losing half my money vs a 0.1% chance of winning big just for the entertainment EV

1 Like

They sound like my internal monologue on when I would start studying at night in University.

1 Like

If i’m searching the marketplace correctly, it looks like this is the best stuff we can pull

yeah but you can technically pull a #1 of some other card that might be worth a lot more (although i don’t know if they actually sell for the amount people are asking)

Oh nice tip. So the number matters if it’s a key # like #1