Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

#1 seemed to be what several of those bots were targeting, but their strategy was a little different: they were looking for people listing 3-digits at 4-digit prices. So you probably can’t touch the water with them in the game but flying low could still be possible.

right??!?

i’ve lurked and read every post itt since day 1 and finally got around to making an acct friday night. just wanna buy 1 card so i can say i have one, but fuuuck paying $20 for _______ before i even try to get in line for a pack.

i just want a damn $1 moment lmao. makes it sooo much easier when i’m trying to hip all the people i think might be interested in this shit… “see? i own this gif of this bum passing to this guy” :joy:

maybe tomorrow during the day i’ll buy something

1 Like

2a0

3 Likes

One data point, but the Herro cool cat never touched 1k and a lot of listings have started posting in the 900s that weren’t there earlier.

Are these people who had everything needed for AD and are choosing to just cash out profits instead? Or were they really holding out on listing all this time and have decided now is the time?

I wonder how much prices are just due to HODLRS sitting on stock. I’ve seen accounts that have dozens to hundreds of just one card. Josh Green skied to $155 but apparently that was too moon for some people because they were unloading super hard and he was back down to $100 on two refreshes of the page. That my be how quickly this whole thing whooshes out. Those bots will win the selling also.

I guess. I signed up for email notification on the site a few days ago.

https://ufc.onflow.org/

1 Like

Right, but what I’m describing is a bit different and I think is a way you can beat the bots.

Let’s say Wiggins is trading at $15. A bot/sniper sees a Wiggins card posted for $17 than is a serial #892, it scoops it up and instantly posts it back for $34, enjoying some easy profit.

Fast-forward to now, Wiggins is trading at $24. Now all of a sudden a serial #XXX posted for $34 actually looks like a good deal, and the bot/sniper who is selling it is actually giving money away. People who can find these serial-number-adjusted-deals-that-werent-deals-when-originally-posted could make some good money. I don’t know how to do it well though beyond manually scanning a card’s page.

When the bots/snipers update their pricing, they don’t retroactively identify cards that weren’t deals previously that are deals now. They’re only scanning the newly posted cards and comparing them to the market rate

2 Likes

Prices have nowhere to go but up when barely any new moments are getting minted and withdrawing is not happening.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/joshhart/status/1363669556351422467

2 Likes

That’s what I mean, you are gonna fly in under market but not down in their zone. It still seems pretty tough to pull off though. If someone can get me data I’ll model the serial prices.

1 Like

33 and 10 for Vuc tonight still 3 mins to go. It’s xenophobia if he doesn’t go to $100 by tomorrow

1 Like

i’m not seeing any error but i am seeing a lot less deals. i imagine this is because no one is selling and everyone is removing their listings, and also because its taking a while for the new prices to update in their market value estimator equation so there are less apparent deals. A Leonard S2 selling for $180 now is a deal and just a couple hours ago that would have been like a 50% markup, and I don’t think rayvin is caught up yet to knowing that is a deal

$1902 now. +$400 today so far on 23 moments.

3 Likes

What is the end game of this whole thing? Just get in on the early stages of the pyramid or …? I mean the actual people and $$$ that will draw utility from this as collectors is surely far smaller than baseball cards.

2 Likes

ban

2 Likes

We flip cards for months turning tens of dollars into millions and then when everyone figures out no one can cash out everything dumps to zero and we move on to UFC

5 Likes

I think you highly overestimate the baseball card market. That’s like 55 year old men. This is crack for the poker, dfs, btc, nba 2k generation.

5 Likes

What multiples do you use to determine if it’s a good price? Is it like 3x for top 500, 2x for top 1,000?

Rayvin is completely black box to me, so it’s hard for me to really know. It could only show me half the postings and I would be oblivious

1 Like