Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

This might have been a mistake.

3 Likes

Ha Yuv, what are you doing man? Just spend an amount of money you’re absolutely comfortable completely going to zero on limited edition stuff and wait. Day trading this is dumb, wait and make it a small play that you have some money extraordinarily early in a technology that has a shot at blowing up.

The packs are limited because they are still very, very much in beta. 7 days ago I could buy basically as many as I wanted 5 at at time over several hours. In retrospect, I should have bought a ton more. Now it’s one per person and thousands sell instantly. The increase in traffic is otherworldly.

what are you talking about? I didn’t spend any serious money. I’m just having fun. I really think though your tactic is probably the most -ev unless the amount of money you’re comfortable going to zero is in 5-6 figures.

Either flip some cards now or invest in super rare stuff. Some of the cards going for 500+ now are just dumb.

When is the next pack drop?

I think Thursday

2 Likes

so it appears a few packs were randomly available an hour ago. I guess they are fucking around to make people stay on the website for longer. I’m kinda ready for a bubble burst.

edit - lol just got this email:

We’re excited to invite you to a random draw for the Cool Cats Pack. To participate you will need to submit the form below with your username. We will randomly select collectors to receive a direct purchase link. This link will be one time use and will be unique to your username.

The pack costs $14 USD and contains 1 Common Cool Cats (Series 2) Moment and 4 Common Base Set (Series 2) Moments. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS

• You must submit this form by Wednesday 12pm PST in order to enter into the random draw to purchase a Cool Cats Pack. Only submit once, or you may be disqualified!

and it only took 94 minutes of refresh and click

So were you just hanging out on the website randomly refreshing hoping something would pop up?

no, they emailed saying they will be doing a ‘stress test’ of some packages starting 10:30 AM. The site kept crashing of course. Shown as ‘sold out’ multiple times. eventually got one.

Got all common high serial of Chris Boucher, Jaylen Brown and Demar Derozan so at least decent players.

lowest current market as it at $14 for a $9 pack, but i doubt i can even sell it for that much.

1 Like

Seems like they’re continuing to drop more packs ATM. I keep getting stuck on “processing order” when I click buy now, though

Took me ~7 tries.

Got 2x of a shitty Fultz jumper.

1 Like

I got 3 but two of them aren’t opening cause the site is buggy as fuck.

the common card market crashed as expected, so odds of the packs returning value are pretty slim

Must be a common.

1 Like

finally able to open my other 2 packs. lets say bruno fernando was the highlight of it.
$27 well spent. could have bought 5 AMC shares.

2 Likes

1 Like

well yeah you gotta talk about real things like AMC and KOSS up 10000% and not ridiculous speculative market like digital trading cards.

1 Like

I put in a request - do you think it will be profitable to buy? Right now the Cool Cats commons are $300+ so unless I’m missing something it seems like it.

buying a cool cat pack? of course it’s profitbale. it’s $14.

the cool cat will crash in price when they release more but it’s still $14 a pack. You can only buy one afaik so people who wants to complete the sets will still need to buy.

1 Like

Yet another sign we are in a giant asset bubble and pain is coming.

This is sort of a cool concept, but market way out over its skis IMO. What the prices are implying the whole market will be worth is absurd (especially when you extrapolate to other sports, etc)

That said, flipping low dollar cards probably profitable short-term if you can buy direct and have the patience to grind it out. Rake sort of lol and extremely lengthy cash out times.

Also be careful on taxes on this. Anything crypto in IRS crosshairs and this site having major growing pains, would make sure to document what you are buying for tax reasons.

3 Likes

What a stupid concept.

This isn’t stupid though…

1 Like