Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

So Jah, Harden, Davis, Trae, Simmons, Lavine, Mitchell, Tatum all over $2500 right now. Think those guys stay the same or maybe even go up and the bol bols drop to like $500.

This is what I’ve been saving my run good for :innocent:

i hope it’s more tbh

Where are you seeing chance at a Holo. I don’t think they’ve ever done that. And, IIRC, on Discord I think they said they can’t do packs like that due to some random rule (maybe something about gambling).

1 Like

Let’s say I put $50 on Dapper since I only saw regular packs that cost $9. If I’m able to get in on this premium pack and for the sake of conversation it costs $100. Do I get a chance to load some funds into Dapper before it drops?

Just trying to make sure I understand some more on the mechanics of this transaction.

NBA Top Shot primer

Overview: NBA Top Shot (by Dapper Labs) is a site that sells packs of officially-licensed clips of NBA plays they call moments which are analogous to digital trading cards. Proof of ownership for each individual moment is guaranteed by a unique non-fungible token (NFT); these tokens live and circulate on a blockchain network called Flow developed by Dapper Labs, the creators of America’s favorite digital cat-breeding game, Cryptokitties. When customers buy moments, they are actually buying the NFTs associated with those moments. Only the tokens themselves exist on the blockchain, whereas the media for the moments live on content servers and can be viewed and downloaded by anyone.

Packs: The minting and total circulation / edition counts for moments are determined by Dapper Labs, with some moments being (much) rarer than others. They are released in packs that differ in price, size, and edition. The cheapest packs are $9 Base Set commons that contain 3 moments. There are also more premium runs like the $1k packs that some people here bought recently. Packs are currently hard to get because supply has been extremely limited while demand has skyrocketed. The SOP for acquiring a pack is to join the randomized queue when a drop is announced and pray to the Top Shot gods.

Marketplace: Moments can also be acquired in the Top Shot marketplace where buying, selling, and gifting are valid transactions. All sales incur a 5% fee of the sale price paid to Dapper Labs. As of right now, the marketplace is infested with bots that snipe most of the best (as in obviously mispriced) deals. We know this from losing nearly all of the most incredible deals to a handful of accounts. This observation was forensically confirmed when @goofyballer built a tool to examine the blockchain in real time and noticed that those accounts were beating all other users to purchases by times that are not plausibly explained by lag or reaction times.

Cashouts: In order to cash out, you are required to pass KYC requirements that include a clear image of a photo ID, video of your face, and some form you fill out. Your account may be suspended after a certain threshold of activity is met until you complete KYC. Voluntarily entering KYC suspends your account until the process is completed. Cashouts may incur a fee of $25. You should be able to make purchases using both credit cards and crypto.

Value/pricing: In general, market prices are highly nonlinear and increase sharply based on four main factors (not in order):

(1) Star power: Lebron is #1 by far, but Luka, Giannis, Durant, etc. fetch premiums.

(2) Serial number: Lower is better with #1 and jersey # fetching large premiums, fewer # of digits fetching more modest premiums, e.g., #9 > #99 > #999 > #9,999.

(3) Scarcity: Size of the edition, e.g., #/49 vs. #/15,000.

(4) Challenge status: Some cards are required to complete “challenges” that unlock other special cards.

Here is an example of a rare moment, a Legendary edition in the From the Top series, with a current low asking price of $213,000:

Tags: tsprimer

10 Likes

this has holo’s listed

You can’t combine funds at purchase. You possibly could buy more Dapper if you get one, but given how buggy it is to buy Dapper I personally would not take the chance and just pay all with CC (either that or preload enough Dapper).

1 Like

yes that’s the holo pack drop

yeah i think so too. if it had holo it would have said

its just 1 metallic gold and 5 base one.

god i feel sick thinking about holo+3 metallic gold that i wasted

1 Like

That is the list from the Legendary Holo drop. All 99 of each Holo were already released. You can see that the list shows there will be 99 of each Holo.

2 Likes

only regret is not realizing the holo would eventually be in a challenge and it’d spike.

Thanks, I didn’t realize we could just buy with CC at time of purchase! I’ll likely just pay with CC since it’s a little smoother and then can roll any funds over to Dapper as needed later.

And special thanks to @Lawnmower_Man for summarizing everything for us new folks!

2 Likes

i have more regrets since posting 5 minutes ago. i wish i only had one

My only big regret is selling my Mitchell. Was debating holding it, but finally decided to sell as it kept dropping, think I sold it at basically the low and then it 10x-ed.

At least for the rest, I used a good portion of the proceeds to buy some other cards that have done close to as well.

I’ve been preloading mostly so there isn’t another delay that possibly fucks shit up. With market purchases I mean.

Last time they did a MGLE drop, prices fell over 50%. Could be some good buying opportunities if willing to take the risk.

1 Like

Took the dog on a walk. Turned on the Pacers game. Cracked a beer. Open Rayvin. Open Topshot… MAINTENANCE… NOOOOOO

4 Likes

Yeah that list is wrong. #1 Morant is not available in packs, it’s on the market for 100k.

1 Like

I don’t know what any of these words mean even after participating in this thread so much, but ok, fuck it, I’m in. Making an account MOMENTARILY.

1 Like