Take Me Out To The Blockchain - Digital Sports Collectibles

I sold mine for about 5k less than it’s going for now.

But is it about the $$$ flip potential vs actual enjoyment from ownership of something?

So in the help chat their mod said Canadians can use top shot after I and then someone else posted the TOS.

2 Likes

sorry bro

Usually if a serial less than <#2000** is less than 2x the minbid, it’s a good price. That and <#500 less than 3x minbid. Beyond that I don’t know, the <#100 cards are for like the super collectors so it’s hard to gauge their value

^ This applies for the /15000 cards. I don’t know what stuff looks like for the rarer cards. Also i think the curve is flatter for the more valuable cards, like LeBron. I’ve been wondering if this means the low serial # lebron cards are actually undervalued currently.

**Edit 2- Maybe <1500 is more appropriate than <2000. You can still make money on <2000 but I wouldn’t buy at like 1.5x minprice hoping to do a razor-thin flip up to a 2x value, you might not be able to

Hey I got no qualms with loling at bagholders on this.

2 Likes

Okay, so I just grabbed Butler #486 for $149 when he’s going for $93. I assume this is what you mean. Does your tool estimate I could flip for around $300 right now?

I should have said the reason for the ban request. Speaking common sense, sir. This is the BLOCKCHAIN thread.

Ideally something like this would have “worthless” cards for $1, pretty good ones for $20-100 then some really rare ones for moon prices. It’s obviously a super dumb bubble and the worst player with the worst highlight is $20. Shrug.

2 Likes

I sold mine but it also has only gone up 2x–one dude bought over half of them that sold and stopped if the lowest listed sold, it’d be the new top. if you just bought commons way better off than holding that holo.

of course someone got a steph curry two days ago for just 1600 because someone was a complete idiot so what do I know

I actually did want to keep a few but it’s hard to want to keep with these prices. I don’t need to keep a card with a minimum of $15 and rising that bad.

if any of us ever get paid that is LOL

Did Butler go up in price a lot recently? I suspect you could get like $180-190 for it easily right now (I see a few in the low 500s listed for $~199.). But if price stabilizes at $93+, then I think you would be able to sell if for more ~250+, once the dust settles.

1 Like

I would like to use this if it was like a $20 a month, buy 2 packs and flip them kind of hobby. I spend an extra $50 a year on fifa ultimate team and have splurged on micro transactions after winning a poker tournament before.

1 Like

FYP

3 Likes

Yes, I was looking at cards that went up quite a bit, as I assumed those were the ones that would have mis-priced low serials.

Right now price estimators are all off because of the dramatic shift in price, which is causing deals to be missed by the scrapers. For example, it thinks a #4235 Butler is worth $70 right now (min price for the card is $93).

2 Likes

Are you still flipping?

We are all playing the microstakes

https://mobile.twitter.com/jacksettleman/status/1363673620220948480

2 Likes

Have you found this to hold true on moments where the low ask is in the 100s? If so, there are a lot of deals out there right now.

Not sure, as I don’t have the bankroll to actively flip those higher value cards currently. I did say this though in edit on my post

“Also i think the curve is flatter for the more valuable cards, like LeBron. I’ve been wondering if this means the low serial # lebron cards are actually undervalued currently.”

It could be that those cards are deals, but it could also be that there’s some diminishing returns where if a card is already going for a high price, people aren’t as willing to pay a premium for a lower serial as they are for the cheaper cards.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with this. Can see the tenuous link with Crypto but that is 12093414 times more logical than this.