Suzzerwalrus Reveal Thread

Things get a lot tougher from here up to, but not including, #4. I don’t really dislike any of the next 6 songs, so it’s a bummer one of them has to land on the Imodium.

Done

For some reason that stopped playing after about 1:30. I didn’t continue with it.

The next song is by a band that melted 100k faces at a time while the lead singer was wearing a blouse singing about hobbits and shit.

1 Like

Zeppelinnnnnnnnnnnn

Mine was one of those faces in 79.

Led Zeppelin - The Lemon Song

I’m sure I’m going to get a lot of shit for this. But this has never been my favorite Led Zep song. I burned out my cassettes of I, II, and IV (but not III for some reason - which will come up later) in jr. high. Lemon Song I always found myself wishing was Dazed and Confused or When the Levee Breaks. Yes I get it’s blues and not much like those. But in my teenage mind they were all long journeys and I liked the others better.

This is the only song on the whole category I’d ever really listened to.

3 Likes

These reveals are more fun when we have more people. I had a feeling Sunday afternoon might not be the best time - damn humans with lives.

Lemon song is awesome imo, but not picked by me! Jal?

Hey Microbet is here. It’s a party now!

I forget, should I post descriptions provided as well?

1 Like

Jal isn’t playing. But he is going to be a guest judge in a special category.

1 Like

It’s up to you if you want to post commentary from the submitters. Cool stories are fun.

eta: “'til the juice runs down my leg”
Oh my!

Posting any notes given by the submitted just gives more ammo for trash talking.

All right, let’s just burn all my blues cred.

RL Burnside - Mellow Peaches

I want to like this song. But sadly I think I’m just a casual blues fan at best. I even looked up the lyrics, which made me like it a little more, but not enough to move the needle.

Don’t your peaches, they look mellow
Hanging way up in your tree?
Don’t your peaches, they look mellow
Hanging way up in your tree?
Get up there among your yellow peaches
Heaven know they sweet

Every time I decide to climb your tree
Baby, I wonder what makes you smile
Every time I decide to climb your tree
Baby, I wonder what makes you smile
Heaven know they’re sweet and mild

Gonna get me a stepladder, baby
Climb upon your top, top limb
Yeah, I’m gonna get me a stepladder, baby
Climb upon your top, top limb
And it’s gonna be too bad, Jim

And it’s gon’ be too bad, Jim

I feel like there might be some hidden meaning here.

1 Like

Shove your needle up your ass, jackass!

4 Likes

My next band’s range seems to be somewhere between Candlebox and Better than Ezra. I’ll leave it to the reader decide which is the ceiling and which is the floor.

Got to feel sorry for Percy Plant being characterised like this.

Write one song that’s about fucking a chicken and 80 that aren’t and guess what people remember you for?

1 Like

Islander - Coconut Dracula

This is the type of song I might have casually listened to in 1995, then completely forgotten about. But I don’t think even then it would trigger much nostalgia value. The bridge, which is where all of these types of songs distinguish themselves, wasn’t bad.

Final grade, 17% better than:

But 6% worse than:

2 Likes

Got back from a very extended tour in time to not see my pick yet! Gonna have a late dinner now!

1 Like

So much kipple

eta: I never even thought of coconut. I could have entered Coconut Records and prolly podiumed.

Meet Bill. Bill liked to sit outside his room every night with his giant bottle of Sapphire and tonic mixer. Bill liked to talk, a lot. This next song is relevant to Bill’s interests.

4 Likes