Summer LC thread

Pretty sure this would have massive entertainment industry implications if those companies are allowed to be exempt.

Just watched a good doc on the West Virginia mine wars of 1921. It sticks out how integrated the striking and fighting miners were. Makes it clear how much racism is a tool used to divide poor people.

1 Like

If the poor white man ever wakes up its all over.

Goofyballer is balling out of control but then needs to spend all his money just to have a floor to stand on.

Something went terribly wrong in the Bay Area.

House: roof included!

Something, something vegan something.

i do agree about the smoking though

I recently downsized aka broke up with my girlfriend and now live alone in a 700sqft one bedroom apt.

My rent is still $2300 -_-

Forget about the movie, I just want someone to do this for the lolz

Uber and Lyft already cost basically as much as a cab with tip.

Still more convenient for anything except leaving the airport. But it might not be long before we actually pay more than a cab for that convenience - if this employee thing goes through - which is fine with me but may crush them as companies.

I was surprised by how much Uber/Lyft cost in the bay area, much more than the cost anywhere else I’ve been. If they cost the same in SoCal as they do in the bay area, just know that the rest of the country essentially gets them for half of that.

Yeah, renting a 3 br 2 ba house. It’s one of those little rinky dink, cookie cutter 3 br, 1 ba homes that are literally everywhere (and selling for ~1.1 milly in these parts, lol), except this one has been mercifully renovated to have a pretty nice en suite master bath, and a walk in closet. $3600/mo, lol

No they aren’t “the left wing”, though they are somewhat left of the Conservative party. They position themselves pretty much at the centre of the Overton window ie they have no real political credo whatsoever, other than not to be the other two parties.

The left wing party traditionally is the Labour party (as I know you know), though hardly left wing at all from Blair until Corbyn.

The Liberal parties you cite are classical Liberals in the sense of being free trade and laissez faire, and thus tend to be right wing: they want a small welfare state because the poor are people who suck at life and are undeserving of assistance.

https://twitter.com/DarwinBondGraha/status/1169266318912053248?s=19

Please vote in the Spidercrab for Treasurer/Admin poll! (located in About Unstuck)

I rented a nice one-bedroom a block from the beach for 10 years (until 2014) for $975/month. South Redondo has super affordable rents, but that was below market.

My friend paid $2400 for a huge 2-bdrm on the beach with picture window.

Brock Turner is trending again. Can we get one last “lolikes” for old times?

1 Like

One advantage of Baltimore is that it’s relatively cheap to live in. Wife and I bought a moderately sized 2 BR 2.5bath last year for under 200k. It’s in an improving neighborhood that’s got a lot of development money being poured in at the fringes from Hopkins and other big local players, which seems like a good spot to live in value wise.

We don’t plan on moving any time soon so hopefully the impending economic doom won’t be too painful.

1 Like

So you agree with the idea of downsizing but not the actual act of downsizing?

Just remember that if you put the newspapers in paper bags you can stack them higher…

Wish that was true in Minneapolis, I probably would have kept renting. Haven’t looked at apartments in years but a nice 1 BR in the city is probably at least $1500 and maybe closer to $2k