Summer LC thread

The twist even Orwell didn’t see is that we would willingly invite Big Brother into our homes.

If like 80% of the people have in-home surveillance, now the other 20% become suspicious and it’s not much more work to use the law force them to get it (after some big domestic terrorism event like a dirty nuke or something).

This article gets into how racists love ring.

That Ring commercial where the guy is at the gym is laughing as he tells a couple miscreants who came to presumably rob his house - to “get running”.

Yes, let’s taunt criminals who know where we live. Genius.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1167048523596148736

Passion :heart:

1 Like

The Allstate commercial is the best ‘Ring’ commercial.

1 Like

I had assumed they went to church

Whataburger is church.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I thought Whataburger was shit growing up. Greasy soggy fries and completely inconsistent food all the time.

Most fast food restaurants now make consistent food, and I tried it when I went back last year. The fries are good, not McDonald’s level, but I wouldn’t go across the country for them. The spicy ketchup was quite good, I’ll give them that. They could probably package that for supermarkets and have a hit.

From my limited perspective, Burger King and KFC are the only fast food places whose food is worse now than it was 20 years ago. First KFC got rid of the proper chicken gravy (that was closer to 30 years ago I guess) and now their chips are these greasy, limp things with some still jacketed. Gross. And the less said about BK the better.

McD’s may not be worse but their food just gets smaller and smaller. A filet-o-fish is like a postage stamp now. It’s easy for me to notice the change because I eat there maybe once a year. Either that or my hands and mouth are getting larger.

1 Like

Full menu 24/7 is enough to put Whataburger in the top tier. Plus bragging rights for being where Beavis and Butthead worked.

1 Like

I used to looooove Burger King chicken tenders. Now they’re disgusting

im a transplant from the northeast and i have to say im a huge fan of whataburger. the fries aren’t quite mcdonalds level, but everything else is superior which makes up for it. the worst imo is sonic, there is nothing at sonic i would ever want to eat.

2 Likes

Sonic tater tots are pretty good

1 Like

That was supposed to be a knockoff of McDonald’s not Whataburger. Upside down M for Burger World.

KFC has been worse since it’s been called “KFC”

When it was Kentucky Fried Chicken it was unstoppable. Original Recipe GOAT

1 Like

Joe Rogan is Walter Cronkite

https://twitter.com/amconmag/status/1167141364213178368?s=21

1 Like

Turn your sound way up he’s kinda quiet

1 Like

So I’m hearing that Boris prime minister guy abolished England’s Parliament or something? Did he like steal the stick they need to pass laws? What’s going on?

1 Like