Summer LC thread

What happened is that the original loan holder basically repossessed the property when no one coughed up the $200M that would have been necessary to repay the loan.

The loan holder was the estate of Herbalife founder, who died in like 2000 at age 44. Looks like Herbalife doesn’t work so good. The ubermenschen of the modern plutocracy are sometimes Bezos and Styer and Gates, but just as often they are the non-cognitive overbite having heirs of conmen, hustlers, or lucky strivers.

But how did it sell for 100k?

Some technicality that the loan holder had to front a bit of cash as part of the sale. Terms of the auction were basically that someone needed to bid more than to loan to get the property. Looks like they tried to do the sale quietly to avoid other bidders, because it’s probably worth a good deal more than $200m. Like the auction probably had to be announced in the local Pasadena paper.

Did it say who the buyer was?

The Herbalife guy’s estate, which basically repossessed it, though they could have been standing in for a different buyer.

This Medium post, from Kevin D. Williamson’s ex wife, is like an endless runner mobile game. You won’t make it to the end. The objective is to see how far you get. Please do not read this if you have a family history of schizophrenia or other predisposition to mental instability.

https://medium.com/@penelope.gristelfink/letter-to-the-editor-of-the-atlantic-jeffrey-goldberg-ceab6adb07ea

2 Likes

This could’ve avoided a lot of speculation in the Epstein case.

3 Likes

Is that the Chinese nuclear football on the left?

Cat or rabbit?

Cat

Nice spot :sweat_smile:

I can’t comment if it is or if it is not.

My source says NO… But it could be south Korea’s.

Obv bunbun

I immediately notice anything which doesn’t belong in a room. It’s like a blinking neon sign. I think I’d have made a good detective.

It’s either a toy or needs lay off the chronic.

Paws and colouring look feline but the rest is pure bunny.

just got a judicial Watch ad…

2 Likes

Come vote in the sort of Final twitter banner poll when you can