Summer LC thread

Lol dude just admit you were 100% sure that was a troll - which makes it a super top-notch illusion.

Your As don’t look the same size btw.

1 Like

No shit they don’t look the same. Neither do the colors!

I don’t think you understand the point of optical illusions.

1 Like

I took that photo of trump and Obama into photoshop and trump’s skin is darker

2 Likes

I think we need more smart takes about how the current social-political-techno-economic-cultural environment differs from past contexts. I think we’ll look back 20 or 40 years from now and there are things we should have seen if we were looking carefully.

It’s not like the revolution will not be televised, the revolution will be in 3-D tecnicolor from 100 drones blasted out to thousands of youtube channels. The revolution will occur in Chinese cities with 15 million people that no one has ever heard of, and places like (randomly) Eritrea, Peru, Bulgaria, and Nigeria. I’m sure just youtube, twitter, FB, and Google have already fundamentally altered the world in the ways that our quaint and well-worn geopolitical ideas from the 70s and 80s are completely blind to.

Trump won because he offers old people the certainties of 60-100 years ago, when the world is developing at hyperspeed.

One of our neghbors has a black SUV that disappears into the pavement of our street. I swear he waits for me to start backing out of the driveway to pop into view as he’s barreling down on me.

1 Like

I’m gonna assume everybody is talking about a not very interesting optical illusion because you’re all high AF today.

1 Like

Amazing what happens when posters learn how to quote…

https://twitter.com/ziyatong/status/1162914822054457345

Whether it’s the sans culottes (“without pants”) of France or the sans casas (“no houses”) of Hong Kong, conservatives need to realize that having too many “sans” is rarely a good idea for the existing order.

1 Like

While I agree with the general sentiment of your post, the sansculottes were „sans culotte“ not because they could not afford pants, but because the style of pants worn by the upper class was impractical for physical labor.
It‘s like claiming men do not wear powdered wigs anymore because they are to poor to do so.

In my Twitter bio I ask the question (in Mandarin) “If Uyghurs are all Chinese why do you allow the government to persecute them”.*

I’ve been called a Uyghur dog by Chinese nationalists multiple times as a result. (I’m a white guy FWIW)

*Posing this (edit: not the same but very similar) question on Chinese social media got a Chinese human rights lawyer disappeared about five years back (before the concentration camps).

Probably ruins furry fetishes for a lot of people

Love people who claim something is an illusion when it isn’t just to get people to waste their time staring at it

Y’all are leveling on this optical illusion thing right?

1 Like

The thing that surprises me is that ppl ITT havent seen that squares illusion approximately 10,000 times before.

4 Likes

Thread seems divided between cynical mofos who don’t think it’s real and cynical mofos who are bored with your trifling illusions.

I thought it was cool, even if I probably saw it a few years ago. I think the fact that I had to load it up in Photoshop to prove to myself that it was the same color, and others felt the need to play around with it, makes it a legit illusion.

The way the brain interprets what we see based on what it thinks is happening is endlessly fascinating imo. Sometimes I can untrick the brain as in the one I posted - but no way with these squares. And I never could get that damn dress to be anything but yellow.

The best optical illusion ITT is how microbet’s avatar spins the opposite direction when you look at it peripherally.

Lol at not believing it’s real

Omar, Tlaib to hold press conference on travel restrictions

Representatives Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib will host a press conference on travel restrictions to Palestine and Israel and potential policy responses, following Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s decision to deny them entry, their offices have announced.

The event, scheduled to begin at 4pmET, is to include people directly impacted by the travel restrictions. We’ll bring you a live stream and blog coverage.

Now do the spheres in my avatar.