Summer LC thread

https://twitter.com/minouye271/status/1160908705535184897

1 Like

Hot take: parasites are fucking amazing. Have your heard about the one that lives in cat pee and makes you really like cats and also sometimes causes serious mental disorders and has infected 60 million Americans? You shouldn’t worry about it! Also check out this viedo of dangerous cats, they’re so cute! You should somehow be afraid of them, but you’re not!

Imagine a species with a lifespan of 80 years and a 2.5 fertility rate thinking it’s the peak of evolution.

So, this weekend, a hardcore Republican that I play poker with was exploring his options for moving out of the country if Democrats win in 2020. He seems a bit shook by the possibility.

Yes because the Obama years were such hell for the country. Stock market doubled - unemployment dropped by 2/3 - and GASP - people got healthcare.

The horror. The humanity.

He’s probably like the two middle-aged guys I met in Medellin who were massively proud that they were dating a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old. They divorced their wives, sold their shit in the states, and got out “before the race wars start”. They were so fucking sure they just had life by the balls.

Really cool guys and totally didn’t make me bolt at the first opportunity and want to take a Silkwood shower after meeting them.

1 Like

JFC every time I see something like this I kick myself. It’s the perfect grift, in hindsight; the rubes eat it up. Haven’t felt this bad since Scrub Daddy

1 Like

On problem I have on this site with unquoted replies is you’re not always sure which post the poster is replying to.

1 Like

Fuck your feelings! Now im going to whine about you hurting mine on the back of my shirt. I need to make one that says, instead of moving i think ill redress my government for grievances.

Met a guy at work once who introduced himslef that way. Hey im roy and they say im an asshole.

So people need to quote when there’s any possible doubt? Because most aren’t doing that. And when most aren’t doing something it’s generally a design flaw as opposed to user error.

1 Like

You see how there are two different reply buttons, how they act different and how when someone replies to someone else you can click on replied to post right in the corner of the post and then it pops up right on top and your post is indented?

Any post with replies and you can click on the replies and show them right below the post.

And you have links to travel back and forth in a sub-thread.

pretty awesome imo.

Yes I see the two reply buttons. But the point is in this post the reader only knows I replied to Microbet. Not necessarily which Microbet post I replied to.

IE - when “nobody” replied to me above - I didn’t know which post he was replying to. I assumed it was the most recent, until I figured out to click my mini-avatar in his reply to see the actual post.

As I’ve stated I really like this site’s software - I’m just pointing out something that confuses me.

1 Like

Click on the microbet there.

That’s a lot of work.

1 Like

I’m sitting at a cafe and there are a lot of books. Perl 5.0 CGI Web Pages (1996) and The Little WordPerfect Book (1991) . Some real gems.

Any Lotus Notes books?

I think I have that Perl/CGI book. I learned web programming developing an e-commerce site with 5000 products all driven by Perl/CGI. I made about $1/hour but it was worth it for the career it spawned. When I started working on that site I didn’t even know HTML was files.

1 Like

„dating“

1 Like

They talked about going to meet the parents, who were almost certainly younger than they were - but I assume so financially destitute that they didn’t mind selling out their daughters. It was so weird and creepy.

I was trying to watch the Royals play in the 2015 World Series game 4 - at an Irish pub - the only bar in Parque Lleras (a gigantic bar and restaurant district) which was playing it. But I left about the 6th inning because I didn’t want to be around these guys anymore - and caught the last of the game in my hotel room.

ahahahahhahahahahahaha

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/08/13/chris-cuomo-fredo-video-threats-cnn/?noredirect=on

ahahaahhaahahahaha

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1161088827634704390

2 Likes