Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

We’re back to “literally no one knows”. It’s always been the case that a “hot” job market or “overheated” economy might motivate the Fed to increase interest rates and ruin all the fun. Right now people are even more sensitive to this because the Fed had already demonstrated a willingness to drive interest rates up in respose to inflation.

10 year at 4.10% - has to be highest since pre-GFC

CRE and private equity aren’t going to be able to refinance much at these rates and they seem to be the new norm

From the previous story …

Payroll processing firm ADP on Thursday reported that private sector companies added a stunning 497,000 jobs in June, more than double the expectation. While ADP has had a spotty track record in aligning with the government’s official count, the tally at the very least suggests possible upside to Friday’s report.

Weird that they are so far off BLS, who also revised May downward.

IE - STONKS

This is a fair point, but also it is pretty difficult to count all the workers in a country of 330 million people and do it practically in real time.

people who are not nice to people just doing their jobs especially those they think are “lower” class is one of those things that grinds my gears. They are not beneath you–you entitled piece of shit.

1 Like

This is the only reason that a lot of chain restaurants are still in business. Well that and 2-4-1 cocktails.

Guess I have to start dumping my CSCO shares. I hope these guys win if their case is as strong as the ruling suggests.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/lawsuit-alleging-california-tech-giant-aided-chinese-torture-may-proceed-9th-circuit-says/

1 Like

I think some tweets were posted in other threads about this, but seems Florida tourism is down quite a bit in general.

2 Likes

FAFO

Also, the insurance thing in Florida is not going away. Huge parts of the state are uninsurable.

1 Like

That’s OK because insurance is WOKE!

6 Likes

Liberal tears are the only insurance I need.

2 Likes

LET THE MARKET DECIDE!

CVNA being up 623% YTD but still down 90% from ATHs is peak STONKS!

1 Like

“illegal junk fees” lmao

Like I guess they decided they were just not satisfied with all the perfectly legal junk fees they could impose.

1 Like

FTC had a big setback in its challenge to Microsoft-Activision today, so that arb play may yet have life. There’s still the UK regulator to contend with, though.