Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

AI is already somewhat useful and is being pursued by major tech firms like Google and Microsoft. It is definitely the next stock bro buzzword, but I think it has a chance to become routinely useful. Not sure how it becomes profitable though.

Microsoft is already starting to pitch things like Azure AI and Copilot to organizations. They had an AI demo for my workplace today using mostly standard OpenAI. I was only able to attend parts of it, but the pricing model seems odd for the Microsoft branded stuff so far.

Well, the dotcoms were a bubble but that doesn’t mean the internet didn’t become a huge thing. No question AI will be the future but there could still be a bubble.

2 Likes

We’re gonna replace entry level employees with more money going to Microsoft and Google

2 Likes

Shit, I was going to bite the tax bullet and unload some of my NVDA, but after a Riverman post like this, i’ve got no choice but to hodl.

4 Likes

Already in the works.

Yeah, my company is getting some Copilot licenses to test soon. I don’t see any way that this isn’t ubiqitous in a year or so, it should make it way easier to use Microsoft Office, which already has hundreds of millions of users.

This is exactly correct. At the turn of the century every start up pitch was “Take X and add Internet to it”. Sometimes that gets you petsdotcom (“Dog food but with internet”) and sometimes it gets you Amazon (“Books but with internet”). No one is going to be able to predict the winners and losers of the “Take X and add AI to it” game but the integration of AI into our lives is going to create some very, very big winners.

1 Like

So, 50% CAGR in share price over the next 5-10 years as revenue and margins explode, followed by a 25% decline when their earnings trajectory normalizes, at which point everyone pats themselves on the back for spotting the scam early?

3 Likes

So if we make this analogy of AI to the evolution of the early Internet, who is the best parallel to Nvidia? Is it Cisco or Intel?

Cisco, imo. Nvidia has a near monopoly on the sort of flexible GPU processing behind most of this AI stuff that makes it happen. Intel made computers happen, not the internet. Cisco is what made the internet happen.

AI plus BLOCKCHAIN, that’s where the real money is. If only we could add 3D printing into the mix.

https://twitter.com/jerallaire/status/1661735753108570115?s=20

2 Likes

It’s weird though because Microsoft recently said they are beginning to work on designing their own chips for AI because they don’t like relying on nvidia.

1 Like

Yo dawg, I heard you like computing power so I added some more computing power on top of the thing that already takes a ton of computing power.

I can’t wait for 3d printed quantum AI blockchain metaverse stuff to drop. The use cases are endless.

2 Likes

Between this and Taylor Swift tickets and summer travel prices it sure seems the upper middle class is still flush.

https://twitter.com/conorsen/status/1661773499713699841?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Intel has been trying to wedge its way into the consumer GPU market in the last year or so. No idea if that helps them in the AI hardware space.

Cathy Wood playing chess while we’re all playing checkers:

https://twitter.com/donnelly_brent/status/1661695254716620802?s=20

LOL, paper hands

2 Likes

2 Likes