Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

3 Likes

This was a particularly good episode that got deep into theoretical foundation for security pricing. Also good discussion on the theoretical basis for the value premium.

5 Likes

Big fan of Dr. John Campbell

1 Like

Thanks, this was a good listen. The only thing that irritated me is that one of the hosts sounded like he was using a Stephen Hawking-type speaking machine. And I don’t mean that in a haha jokey way - I’m not going to look it up, but I feel like there’s a reasonable chance that “host #2 uses a voice synthesizer” is just a long-running bit that I’m not familiar with.

Please clap

5 Likes

very low energy

Ive been wondering recently if “Please clap” will ever stop bring funny to me.

I dont see how it can be. Ill be 85 and somebody will say “please clap” and ill break down into a fit of laughter remembering his dumb, defeated face when he said it. It will be the one thing I remember when I get the Alzheimers

6 Likes

A jeopardy contestant this season couldn’t come up with a final jeopardy answer and wrote “please clap”. I busted

12 Likes

That was hilarious, was it the asian girl who said she was considering a career change to NFL QB?

Sounds very familiar but I don’t remember beyond her being a youngish woman

1 Like

10 Likes

oh shit i remember now. she got the CORRECT answer and ALSO added “please clap”. god tier

5 Likes

It was her that said she was going to switch careers to NFL QB. She was easily the funniest contestant I’ve seen on Jeopardy.

1 Like

LOL, this is some real “let’s look on the bright side” energy:

6 Likes

Can’t think of a reason that 2021 would be a banner year for a cooking device whose recipes require constant monitoring for 15 hours.

2 Likes

That specifically, but also the, “I’m home all the time, I’m now going to develop an enormously focused ___________ hobby”. For my wife, that was houseplants. I’m not sure what it was for me, but I do know that at one point I almost bought a Traeger because I was convinced that I’d become a huge brisket guy. Same energy as 23-year old me going out with my coworkers and deciding that we should definitely, seriously open a bar.

3 Likes

Traegers and other pellet grills are more like easy mode smoking, you don’t need to do much monitoring compared to a traditional offset smoker.

So you’re saying I should maybe definitely get a Traeger?