Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

I don’t know if they’re free money (the stock is up >20% today!), but it’s certainly a comically garbage company. Related, I can’t believe no one posted this amazing article:

Truth Social investing is about faith in Trump, not business fundametals - The Washington Post

Lots of good stuff. Here’s the opener:

Jerry Dean McLain first bet on former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social two years ago, buying into the Trump company’s planned merger partner, Digital World Acquisition, at $90 a share. Over time, as the price changed, he kept buying, amassing hundreds of shares for $25,000 — pretty much his “whole nest egg,” he said.

That nest egg has lost more than half its value in the past two weeks as Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price dropped from $66 after its public debut last month to $22 on Tuesday. But McLain, 71, who owns a tree-removal service outside Oklahoma City, said he’s not worried. If anything, he wants to buy more.

“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,” he said. “I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime.”

and then

Many of Truth Social’s investors say they’re in it for the long haul. Todd Schlanger, an interior designer at a furniture store in West Palm Beach who said Trump had been one of his customers, said he’s invested about $20,000 in total and is buying new shares every week.

Schlanger said he now watches his stock performance every day hoping for positive signs. In a Truth Social post last week, he encouraged “everyone who supports Donald Trump and Truth [Social to] buy a share everyday” and asked, “Do you think we have hit bottom?” (The stock has slid about 35 percent since that post.)

He suspects the recent drops in share price have been the result of “stock manipulation” from an “organized effort” to make the company look bad. There’s no proof of such a campaign, but Schlanger is convinced. “It’s got to be political,” he said, from all the “liberals that are trying to knock it down.”

There’s even an epic picture of the first guy:

But the absolute very, very best part is an easter egg for old school 2p2ers:

In moments of apparent despair, some users work to lift one another up by arguing that they are enduring the same kinds of “deep state” attacks that had long shadowed Trump himself. When user @BingBlangBlaow said they were embarrassed to be so “deep in the red” and questioned why “everyone [was] acting like everything is fine,” Chad Nedohin, a Canadian investor and prominent cheerleader of the stock on Truth Social and the video site Rumble, responded, “No [one’s] fine with it, but we are DJT now. The deep state is making their run at Trump … and us.”

user @BingBlangBlaow

And then, sorry, one more picture of the first guy:

I honestly didn’t believe there were people who actually, legitimately believed this stock had value.

13 Likes

ch3ckraise: BING BLANG BLAOW
ch3ckraise: CH3CK RAISE IN THA HOUSE
ch3ckraise: I JUST WON $50.00 FROM YOU
ch3ckraise: U COULD HAVE USED IT TO BUY SOME FOOD
ch3ckraise: BUT YOU CANT NOW
ch3ckraise: CUZ IMMA CASH IT OUT
ch3ckraise: AND RUB IT ON MY TITT1ES
tilted1: wtf

24 Likes
8 Likes

I was kind of expecting a little bit more from his tree-removal business. Is it literally just this 71 year old dude cutting down trees? If so, guess I’m not too surprised this individual is engaged in reckless behavior with their money.

1 Like

Hey that tree trimming business built up a $25k nest egg by age 71.

8 Likes

Can’t put a price on those guns, though

2 Likes

That takes me back. How has that been 14 years ago? That was peak 2+2. Also.

10 Likes

lol I saw that a few days ago ! But I’ve stopped being surprised that there are true believers in Dump. That’s the only explanation for the past 8+ years. They literally love him more than their own money. And he knows it! That’s how he’s able to (figuratively, if not literally) steal from them.

And yes, regarding the poots: IV is high so you need to find the right strikes to make real money, but there is no world where you bet wrong. It’s all a matter of timing at this point.

This is the best part.

4 Likes

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one completely baffled at how a 71 year old could own a tree trimming business and only have $25,000 to his name.

1 Like

He obviously constantly re-invests in his business and workout equipment.

4 Likes

Thanks, Biden.

1 Like

Reminds me of another hilarious trump scam

these folks love themselves a scam.

1 Like

It really is a cult for a lot of people.
They’re just so invested and can’t turn around from that.

1 Like

he is in better shape than us though

1 Like

drill

3 Likes

Holy shit ain’t no way

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1781176144730960274

Some of you will recognize that Boomer as perpetual bear Peter Schiff.

1 Like

Schiff’s whole schtick is selling people gold at huge markups? That dude has been predicting hyperinflation longer than anyone (besides Ron Paul who started in the 1970’s).

1 Like

Tech pay is a bubble

1 Like