Stonks & Bonds. lol fundamentals, sir this is a Taco Bell

Decamillionaires ITT

just checked, and it looks like i have like 10% of net in NVDA. i should probably think about when i want to sell too

Let me know when you got it figured out. I posted up thread about a month ago how I tried to sell some and was thwarted by ETrade’s interface. It’s up over 10% since then.

I think NVIDIA will be fine for some years to come as it takes a lot of time to add additional production capacity for GPUs. The demand is still in early stages and already outstripping supply by a fair margin. The bottleneck is most likely getting the machines needed from ASML.

1 Like

I have no idea what a GPU or ASML is, so I’m gonna take your advice and HODL for now. I’m gonna cash all of my reinvested dividend lots that qualify for LTCG. That should lock in about a 5-10x profit. Then I will donate some of my initial purchased lots to some charitable orgs. That will still leave me with the vast majority of it, which I will let ride for now.

GPU = graphical processor unit. The type of chips that made NVIDIA famous. Turns out those type of chips were good for Bitcoin mining and are good for neural network based AI models. The last part causing NVIDIA to make you hopefully lots of money. ASML is a Dutch company that builds the machines that manufacture those chips and they can’t make enough of them.

1 Like

My wife used to work for ASML, not on tech tech side but she did go into the clean rooms from time to time. Said it was kinda cool.

ASML is when Gen-Zers crinkle tissue paper next to a microphone. A real growth industry

4 Likes

Fed does nothing, Treasuries don’t move, I collect all the theta.

Love you Jay Powell!!!

Did you end up reserving shares in the DSP?

I am the proud owner of 50 shares of RDDT at $34 feel free to laugh at me when it tanks today.

Twinsies!

1 Like

Reddit IPO going well has me SHOOK. I was so emotionally invested in it being a disaster

I blame @grue and @otatop . Might as well be buying stock in killing puppies inc.

1 Like

I think anything with even a whiff of “AI” is going to make money in the short term. Reddit has a ton of “for sure generated by a human” content that no one else has.

But really I bought because more and more you’re seeing stuff like “google ‘foo term’ but append ’ reddit’ to it and you’ll get the info you need” which tells you a lot about google but maybe more about how humans are still better at new targeted information then anything automated. A new game comes out, people are going to read reddit to find out character builds and anything above basic walkthrough info etc etc, anything in depth is going to be there or on discord and who has time/desire to sift through discords?

Could a regular Joe have purchased at $34? Or only at the first available trading price (which looks like it was about $49)? I have no idea how IPOs work.

If you subscribed to the IPO months ago through your broker and got allotted shares then you would have bought at $34. If not you then had to buy on the open market at $49+

1 Like

I filled out a form with Reddit at the end of February after being invited to the Directed Share Program because my 17 year old Reddit account has enough karma to be invited but it seemed like pretty much anyone could join the DSP if they wanted to.

2 Likes

I want to stay strong and :gem: :raised_hands: but my inner nit really wants me to sell enough to make back my original investment and let the other shares ride.

oh I’m hodling forever who cares. When AGI comes we’ll be rich!

robbinghood gave me one (1) share. I bought 3 more. avg cost 47.70. I’ll hold til it gets close to than then shitcan it.

Really not sure how it’s supposed to be an “ai” play though, I mean, the poasts there are…free to read? How are they going to monetize the thing they give away?