Stones cheating scandal

Am I the only one following this? Scott Van Pelt did a segment on it on Sportscenter last night.

Some of these hands man.

There’s also a thread on 2p2 where I make a stupid derail. Yes I know it was stupid you don’t need to pile on here. But also NVG is full of terrible investigators who think technology is magic and ignore basic details. They need grounding.

1 Like

As someone who watched Stones before this went public, I am following it. @skydiver8 mentioned it in the sports thread.

I am so glad that I’m not a pro poker player.

1 Like

Gotta zig while others zag.

Dude is the greatest player of all time.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’ve been more riveted by this the past few days than the impeachment stuff. Probably because its closer to home and I actually know some of the people, but either way, it’s batshit insane

Is there more to it than the above video? A good cliffs anywhere?

1 Like

the article he posted is a great summary

I’ve been following it. There is zero chance he is not cheating. Some of the hands are superhuman.

1 Like

Man thanks for making this thread, I hadn’t known about this but when I was getting back into poker this year I had started watching a lot of stones live. I actually ended up preferring live at the bike because stones was annoying af anytime postle was on because the commentators were always just gushing over the dude and wouldn’t stfu about him. That he plays any two cards and could have anything and all this shit.

Easy to play any two when you can see all your opponents hole cards

Yeah cliffs beyond posted article would be awesome

Guy is making like 700bb/hour. He correctly folds second nuts on river against nuts, he call five bets preflop holding 45o cause his opponents both have AK. He is constantly looking at his phone in all hands.

In one hand he get all in on flop with second pair…his opponent has no pair no draw. His opponent DOES NOT TURN OVER THIER HAND. He says “I can’t lose. His opponent turns a gut shot he says “oh no”. Remember he “can’t see his opponents cards” yet. River pairs board and he says “whew you scared me”. His opponent STILL HAS NOT SHOWN HIS CARDS!

1 Like

Cliffs is apparently that the guy is an idiot.

Made like $250k before being caught!

https://twitter.com/jaimestaples/status/1180074766281170944?s=21

The NVG thread has a big FAQ.

Lol apparently he will be on Mike the mouth podcast tonight to explain his side!

You literally couldn’t find a less equipped player than mike to address this. He would fail grade 6 math.

This Stones hand cracks me up.

Best comment:

don’t bet $4K to (maybe) win $180. got it👍

It seems like it would have been easy to take whatever cheat he was using and just give himself a small edge. Nobody would even suspect much less detect if the win rate was impressive but reasonable.

Instead he decided to use his printing press to counterfeit $100,000 bills. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They can’t help themselves.

2 Likes