Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

good good let the hate flow through you dot jpg

3 Likes

I like KOTOR 2 better than KOTOR 1. The Kreia character is one of the best video game characters ever imo.

2 Likes

Stop incesting please

I really liked Ep 7 but Ep 8 was such a mess. Gonna go see Ep 9 with very low expectations.

Wish I could watch episode 8 again before the release. TBS had a SW marathon over the weekend that included episodes 1-7 and R1. Donā€™t know why theyā€™re still airing them on cable with the D+ release but lol at paying for anything in that catalogue.

This seems to be a view held by many, but I donā€™t really get it. TFA was just so awfully paced. There are a few good ideas and even recycling things isnā€™t that bad in this franchise, but I remember only one good scene. The one where some rebel fighters start flying over a lake (have neither rewatched TFA or TLJ). Otherwise I mostly thought ā€œwait, where did this come fromā€. And of course atrocious casting on the side of the villains.

I am fine with the comic-y stuff in the Last Jedi. That is part of the franchise. Iā€™ll go and watch number 9 this weekend, but my hopes are not high.

3 Likes

Has anyone played that new stars war game. I havenā€™t liked any since KOTOR 1 and 2.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s terrific

if you like souls types of games, itā€™s like souls-lite. Probably closer comparison to sekiro, except waaaaay easier. Still a very challenging game. Very fun chaining together attacks once you learn how to master the movement of the character. Not too hard on jedi master mode, but a few fights are tremendously unfair.

1 Like

I just canā€™t understand how TFA is anything but dogshit, I canā€™t even hate watch it itā€™s so awful. TLJ was awful too but at least they werenā€™t mocking you with yet another death star to destroy.

Early reactions are unanimous in saying that thereā€™s an awful lot of plot crammed in (ā€œ9 movies in 1ā€ was how one person put it) but are mixed in whether they liked the film. One common theme is that it was ā€œrudeā€ to Rian Johnson and spent time undoing a bunch of TLJ, so that sounds promising at least, the more it takes a shit on that film the better. My impression is that itā€™s going to be a mess, but hopefully an entertaining mess, which is about all that was possible with the lead-in it had.

Well, sounds like I am going to hate it.

No word from rotten tomatoes yet has me worried itā€™s a stinker

Spoiler alert: It sucks.

1 Like

Seems silly to me that Disney can be massively successful (at least outside of arthouse film snobs) with Marvel and absolutely murder Star Wars.

Marvel had an existing production team and process. Same with Pixar. With Star Wars, Disney had to do it themselves.

petition to change this to ā€œnew topic do not readā€ until at least Friday.

Tomatometer is running. 57%. Lot of accusations of pandering.

Rather than making a movie some people might love, Abrams tried to make a movie no one would hate, and as a result, you donā€™t feel much of anything at all.

Meh, thatā€™s about the best I was hoping for. Iā€™ll wait for reviews from friends before I decide whether to bother seeing it in the cinema, but I probably will.

It must be really bad if theyā€™re saying this is pandering NOW after Force Awakens got a 93% critic score. I thought that movie was as low as you could go in terms of pandering.

1 Like

Well I guess itā€™s in contrast to TLJ though which went in Bold New Directions or whatever. Personally I think itā€™s weird the manner in which these films are judged. Nobody goes to see Fast and the Furious movies and is like ā€œlol this is just pandering nonsense about fast carsā€, itā€™s taken as read that thatā€™s what they are. Because Star Wars movies are considered a cultural event and our culture is so bankrupt of ideas they are for some reason supposed to be fresh and inventive even though they are movies about space knights who have laser swords.

1 Like