Sports LC Thread

Pique cheated on Shakira.

Like wtf dude. Shakira’s gorgeous. Guy’s a total MILF hunter

I just watched the Jeanette Lee 30 for 30. Really sad. She has ovarian cancer and it seems like she might not have much time left.

I’m watching the xgames on twitch. The skiers in the big air competition are insane.

For those of you who don’t know, podcaster Bill Simmons used to be a pretty good writer of sport. This is an article he wrote back in 2012 that gets to the heart and heartbreak of being a fan and why we care.

1 Like

Jeez I didn’t realize all of the big names ESPN let go of: Todd McShay, Jalen Rose, Gene Wojciechowski were also let go

wat

https://twitter.com/USAFootball/status/1713872601288732887

Its actually a pretty solid idea, especially for USA football.

enrollment in youth football leagues is down massively in the last twenty years.

“Yet according to the Aspen Institute’s Project Play, younger ages have seen an even steeper decline in tackle football participation than at the 11-player high school level. Based on data from the Sports & Fitness Industry Association, the institute’s State of Play report shows that from 2020 to 2021, participation in tackle football for kids ages 6 to 12 declined nearly 18%. Since 2016, the institute says, tackle football participation rates for this age group have decreased 29% while flag football rates have gone up 15%, with flag football players exceeding tackle football players by more than 300,000 youth in 2021. (Among 13- to 17-year-olds, regular tackle football participation ticked up from 6.8% to 6.9% from 2020 to 2021, but was down from 7% in 2019, according to the State of Play report.)”

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2023-01-24/youth-football-participation-declining-amid-safety-concerns

Its the next evolution of the sport. If they can show worldwide success at a high amature/professional level of flag football, participation rates in a much safer sport will increase.

Yeah I was thinking about that last night when the dude had to be ambulanced to the hospital and they were talking about the trauma teams that are standing by during games.

Had a thought that it must be weird for those trauma docs that there is some entertainment event that is actively farming trauma to harvest and ship over to them. Kind of weird tbh.

professional flag football might be the end game but I still don’t want to watch it

1 Like

You don’t want to watch people REP THE FLAG?

Iowa got over 50000 people to watch a womens basketball game

well it had Caitlin Clark in it, for the childrens hospital and also at iowa’s football stadium

she got a triple double in a win and also she scored more points in a game there than Iowa football has in a conference game since 2021.

FLAG football means it’s not going to have any kneeling plays

She got fouled and hit both free throws?

2 Likes

Nebraska got 92000 for an outdoor Volleyball game
It’s the Midwest. People need entertainment.

This dude is in high school and he’s 6’4" and 215 lbs.

And by that I’m talking about #11.

#76 is 4 inches taller and 165 lbs heavier.

1 Like

When I saw his jersey I immediately thought of…

1 Like

And he’s holding.

Seeing those braces on both knees as a high schooler has me concerned about his future. Hope he can stay injury free

I think even as young as “high level” high school football they are defaulting to having linemen wear braces in both knees as an injury prophylactic.

Of course, this is because they are all going to 100% tear up their knees.

And, of course, that’s only a fraction as bad as how they are going to liquify their brains.

1 Like