Sports LC Thread

Sports are a goddamn mess right now with COVID protocols.

NFL, Premier League, NHL, college basketball

Yeah the NHL is pretty wild. One of Colorado’s defensemen played more than half the game last night because of late scratches with COVID protocols.

Are there literally no sports today?

Looks that way. The NHL is shut down (CANCEL CULTURE RUN AMOK!) and the NBA is doing it’s usual Xmas super day it seems.

Not even a bowl game or an FCS playoff game or any college basketball game (men’s or women’s, even the crappy conferences).

1 Like

Holy shit thats brutal

Might be some olympics curling qualifiers somewhere

Speaking of

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethenews.com/.amp/minnesota-sports/team-shuster-will-defend-gold-medal-at-2022-beijing-olympics

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSTTTER

Just been watching some Rallying - in particluar the Group B stuff from the 80s which was insane … and that led me to the Isle of Man TT races so I thought I’d drop a couple of decent youTubes of that.

(I may well have posted TT stuff a couple of years ago but heyho)

Full lap onboard with Cameron Donald 2013.

Sidecar On Board with Karl Bennett and Lee Cain 2016.

This is a 360deg video so you can change the view to see the sidecar guy hanging on and doing whatever he needs to be doing to help keep them both on the road.

060815-anstey-honda-isle-of-man-tt-sidecar-1-birchall-brothers-2-633x389

Madness :)

Bloody hell Shane Warne dead at 52 :open_mouth:

RIP

Love the crowd starting to come on to the pitch behind him before he’s kicked it and the announcer towards the end asking for the pitch to be cleared as there are 6 mins left and they would like to restart :slight_smile:

Saw an aussie rules game at the Oval cricket ground in London around 1990 - nice box with a free bar and food - a great day was had by all. It was an AFL off-season exhibition game - I thought one of the teams was Hawthorn so according to this wiki that is likely to be 1991 and West Coast v Hawthorn.

Would watch again for the tight shorts, sleeveless shirts and entertaining umpires :slight_smile:

pretty cool developments

1 Like

Not sure if there’s a hockey playoff thread but I finally get to watch a Rangers game!

1 Like

Igor Shesterkin is the king of dives. Nice.

It’s really startling when your cage gets rattled. Taking a shot or anything off the mask is a very weird feeling.

Got tapped on the face mask by a stick. Fell down like he got shot and drew a goalie interference penalty. Then, power play goal by Magic Mika

He has dived a lot all year. But when you’re a greta goalie stealing games, the other team will try to mess with you physically. I dont fault Igor for calling attention to it for the refs.

2 power plays, 2 goals

Love it baby! Let’s go Rangers!!

EDIT: Well, good thing we got two power play goals and not one

Rangers have been playing awful since the Lightning scored their first goal.

If the Rangers win the Cup, it’s because Igor is amazing. That’s it.

Fuck yeah! Double minor!

EDIT: Rangers are fucking stupid. They’re playing horrible hockey. Amazing this game is still tied.