Sports LC Thread

plus we only know the cheating methods they admitted to.

I don’t think we need to re-litigate the World Series when it’s possible the Astros never make it there without cheating. Their season needs to be washed.

you could not ever convince me the outcome of that brutal game 5 would not have been different sans cheating

As crooked as the IOC is, at least their punishments have teeth. “We’re ripping your gold medal from the last Olympics, and don’t bother with hotel reservations because you’re sitting out the next one as well.” MLB should hire their Punishment Guy

I think it was Joe Girardi who has gone on record saying that Manfred’s “punishment” is basically an endorsement to cheat. Like, if this is all the punishment is, then teams should be climbing out of the woodwork to get any advantage possible. Win a WS and who cares about the rest.

2 Likes

I am saying sans cheating the Astros are not there at all.

So we miss a Yankees/Dodgers world series the Dodgers would have won. It’s pretty difficult, for me as a Dodger fan to separate the cheating without looking at the individual games it impacted, especially when the Dodgers lost the world series to the same exact shit in 2018. The Dodgers easily have the biggest gripe here. I like the Dodgers this year but those years were easily their best chances, entire careers have been obliterated/damaged because of it. Who knows in my lifetime if they’ll even reach the WS again let alone win.

It makes me sick to my stomach and fuck the MLB, fuck the MLB players union, and fuck the astros. If you can with a straight face tell me if your team goes to the WS twice, losing once in a brutal 7 game series, and you find out the other team was involved in the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the sport - you don’t ask yourself, hey maybe they would have won otherwise? Of course you can’t know but you can be pretty certain the outcome would be different.

Anyone have a soccer streaming site?

Would have been more accurate if they cut off the first two, but still pretty funny:

https://twitter.com/dayneyoung/status/1235252589253537800

1 Like

So we are staring empty buildings in the face. Just in time for the NBA and NHL playoffs.
Plan for abbreviated playoffs: best of 3 every round. higher seed gets all home games (empty building so whatever). Tu-thur-sat or wed-fri-sun. test all players/teams regularly. Obv dq any player to test positive. Whole thing is done before may 1.

1 Like

Well, youll always have 88.

:smiley:

Anyone else hate Sugar Nut?

He literally tried to doxx me once when I said something bad about Bayern Munich.

Sugar Nut made my avatar

Continuing policies from earlier this season the Woyas will be playing their home games in empty stadiums

1 Like

Gonna be an eerie MLB opening day if the stadiums are empty.

Turns out trying to defend for 90 minutes is not a great strategy

Liverpool crowd is insanely annoying. Slightly biased.

I think they’re good politically tho which sucks.

March Madness a massive dog to happen.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1237914142033444864

No sports is going to be really hard to deal with

1 Like