Sports LC Thread

Honestly this China business has completely sapped my enthusiasm for the NBA this season. I haven’t even seen so much as a highlight so far and really have no intention of watching any games at this point.

John Oliver had a pretty savage piece on the issue, if you haven’t seen it check it out.

3 Likes

What sports organization(s) have front offices that aren’t full of complete scumbags?

Obviously FIFA and IOC are the two worst, but all of the others that I can think of are some degree of bad.

Astros fired that dude and apologized to the SI reporter.

1 Like

They also need to fire whomever signed off on the press release accusing her of fabricating the story.

That was probably the owner telling the GM to make the story go away.

mother fucker, I guess maybe half credit here? I thought I had post where I said why, Nats have better starters than the Yankees and a less HR oriented offense which even in the juiced ball year is still probably better for post season play.

1 Like

Let’s go Nats, fuck the Asstros.

1 Like

Trump attending game 5, he can’t possibly think that will go well?

2 Likes

Now I’m torn between actually wanting a Game 5 and wanting a sweep.

1 Like

I literally cannot imagine gnat-brain sitting through a baseball game. I’d put money on him having Fox and Friends or Hannity running on the TV in the box.

1 Like

To be fair to Trump, he did sit through part of a day of sumo, which is like a whole lot of waiting and ceremonial bullshit for matches that last a few seconds, so I can see him surviving a baseball game.

I remember watching Trump at the sumos and everytime the camera cut to him it was like Abe was excitedly describing things to Trump and Trump just looked cheesed off and bored the whole time.

1 Like

Also, Abe’s wife tried really hard to make friends with Melania. There is some body language going on in this photo:

1 Like

LOL Melania’s body language is great. On one hand she’s thinking “I don’t want to talk to this crazy Chinese lady,” and on the other hand she’s thinking “This orange shit stain needs to die so I can stop doing these things.”

Look at how she’s sitting in the chair. It’s as far away from Trump as possible but she hates Abe’s wife so she’s leaning away while not trying to lean towards Trump.

I guess this invalidates that he has ever sat through a sporting event? Ready to take the L.

bruh

Here’s where you say: BUT IT’S MELANIA’S MIND

You got me.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I think he only came in halfway through day 15 of the tourney, so you could argue that he really sat through only 3% of the “sporting event.” I’ll give him credit, though. Watching live sumo is probably unbelievably boring if you don’t know what’s going on and don’t care.

Also, Abe’s wife was really cute as a button in a quintessentially Japanese way and I felt sorta bad that Melania gave her the cold shoulder throughout the match.

I think that was the joke.

3 Likes

Some photos, no commentary:

2 Likes

I like that Abe is on the edge of his seat and anxious to see to if Aoinoyama can drop this fool to the clay, but also do you see Sarah Sanders in the upper-left corner taking a photo? I feel like she and Abe are the only politicos enjoying this experience.

Was Abe’s wife the one who pretended not to speak english?

Nats been juicy odds the first two games.