Sports LC Thread

Yeah I don’t have an easy answer to that one. It does feel like Cal needs to do a better job of almost a two-track recruiting process. Go after one and dones, bring in anywhere from 4-6 per year, then recruit a few 3-4 star guys every year that you bring in with the intention of playing 4 years and accepting that they’ll be role players on a successful team.

It’s just a really hard sell to guys IMO where you basically never give them the promise of being the star player, and even guys who are fringe top 100 prospects think they can achieve that and will go elsewhere where they aren’t overshadowed by the incoming recruits every year.

As is, Cal is just rolling the dice every year of whether or not the new crop of guys is ready for big time college basketball. Some are and some aren’t.

ACC getting absolutely crushed by the B1G

LMAO Kansas State just lost to an 0-3 Division 2 school.

In ten years, he’s got like 4 final fours and shipped it once. That’s seems pretty good. Granted, he hasn’t done much in the last five years, but maybe that’s just variance. Unless the thinking is that he has gotten worse at recruiting in the last five years. I guess that’s possible. I don’t really follow NCAA Basketball until March.

Yeah his first 5 years so much better than next 5 years. But I’m an old enough UK fan to remember going from 98-11 without a final four. So I’m not upset at all about the last 5 years.

I listened to the Georgia Tech post game show. There were callers going I hope this is Cal’s last year. Lets get Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan. Yeah my fanbase is fucking insane.

Calipari is my fucking coach. I just want him to find a way to get some four year players. Number of scholarship four year players not from Kentucky under Cal…I think the list is Alex Poythress.

Looks like someone fixed that problem with an OP that I’m not sure you can argue the team doesn’t deserve.

India all out for 36 2nd innings against the Ozzies - lowest test score since NZ were 26ao in 1955.

_116164775_adelaidescoreboard

Sounds like a wild baseball game!

1 Like

Darts without a crowd is not darts

Better to be bored stiff than stiff as a board.

Cheers m8

2 Likes

How is there no 1 pm playoff game today. crazy?

And hi, first post here

1 Like

Fuck you

2 Likes

4b6faf636171223438b5778a9edf944f

3 Likes

Don’t believe for a second that this is actually Mets.

the letter B for that screen name is sus

1 Like

LOL Tennessee football. Bet the next coach will finally turn it around.

It’s the thought that counts.

Definitely

Doesn’t really seem like a good fit for Fisher.

College teams can’t go 7-9.

1 Like

I mean I can’t imagine anyone wanting to get within 500 miles of that dumpster fire of a program on the one hand so it seems like Fisher would be a godsend big name hire at a time when they desperately need one. Otoh they just binked Danny White from UCF so I guess they have hope? And with Fisher they’re just replacing one scumbag with another. I told my UT fan buddy they’d regret hiring Pruitt, he was and remains a pos going back to his days at FSU and I was glad when they hired him away from Bama.