Speeding and Traffic - Safe or Death?

Road deaths per 100k population

USA in some illustrious company

scroll, scroll, scroll

Some designs banned ‘decades’ ago in Euroland…

GO TEAM!

1 Like

Did Monaco ban cars after the Princess Grace incident or something?

2 Likes

It was so nice to not have this bullshit for like a week.

2 Likes

Do you skip by the USA TEAM comments?

That incident is the only one when factored into population. ;/

The speed limit is c. 20mph and they have 1 road :grinning:

Did you skip by the mods repeatedly telling you to knock it off with this trolling shit?

Sorry, I’ll let you guys get back to speeding is great!

I mean it is somewhat relevant to the conversation. US does have pretty high road toll and do have pretty high speed limits (whether formal or just what everybody drives) as the thread discussion has indicated.

As an aside, is there much discussion of road death tools in the US? I know that it was a massive issue in Australia (at least in my state) in the media about a decade ago and the road death toll for the 5m pop state that year was 380ish (so 7 per 100k people). I guess there are significant cultural differences, most of USA has terrible PT options so I’m guessing rate of driving as compared to Europe/Australia is drastically higher. Might go a long way to explaining the discrepancies in death tolls.

Even when shown to be completely in the wrong some people just can’t admit it and double-down on being clowns. Well done UP for supporting such complete and utter dicks.

1 Like

Unforuntaely, the stats are similar when based on No. of accidents per 100k vehicles

This is topical in the UK at the moment as our death rates have just increased significantly for the first time in 40 years due to muppets drving too fast during covid

US neck and neck with New Zealand, Belgium and Hong Kong.

There is in Los Angeles, but it’s not really helping.

1 Like

I’m sure the UKs top limit of 70mph, which is the same or higher than than the vast majority of the United States when adjusted for population is the only reason their traffic deaths per mile driven is 50% of America lol

No I expect not … and am not in the least bit surprised.

I swear we talked about this before somewhere else but there really isn’t much difference in max speed limits between the USA and other countries. How we handle drunk driving, let car culture determine more in city planning and facts like how I started driving legally on roads when I was 14 seems more important to me. My understanding is that getting a license is incredibly more difficult in other countries

Not sure you’re making much sense. UK roads have corners and bends in them too; must be more dangerous. Our vehicles are designed not to kill.Take a look at the lowest UK speed limits, not the top limits as that’s where most road traffic deaths occur after freeway rules are refined to save death there.

Lol gmafb